Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
You will always pull pull tabs....Ha....At least ya got out... :thumbsup: Jgas

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
without cutting out the gold zone totally --finding at least a few pulltabs is just basically unavoidible --however with the proper use of discrimation --a skilled detecorist often can cut way down on the amount of them they find -with little to no loss of gold items found.

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
I like boat ramps too. I have always found a least ONE ring, if someone else has not beaten me to it. You would know that if there wasn't any coin or trash.

I have a suggestion. Start a grid away from the ramp, maybe 20 feet and work your way in. there is more trash closer to the ramp. start with high discrimination and pull it all, right up to the ramp. I like to see the dates on the coins to get a feel for how long the ramp has been in place. If you find quarters and keys...woo-hoo. You will probably find rings. I know there are sinkers but that's just the way it goes. Hopefully, you found a silver ring or jewerly. If you don't know worries, there are more coins that you didn't pull because the detector is flashing off the trash.

Now.....the hard stuff. start at the beginning of the grid again and turn down the discrimination. If you find nickels, finish the grid and ta-dah....you'll probably find some gold.

Happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread