Bobber Soup

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in the Ozarks there are times when we have to be creative with out meals......the following recipe I havent tried yet.....but my gut tells me that I wont have to wait much longer...

One car jack will be needed to separate the shell from poor Bobber (That's how we do it here in the hills!)

3/4 gallon chicken stock
4 tbsp butter
1 cup green onions
1 cup celery
1/4 cup lemon, chopped fine
3 hard boiled eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup tomato sauce
1 lb boneless turtle meat cut into very small cubes ( turtles name must have been Bobber)
Sherry

Prepare chicken stock. Saute onion and celery in butter. Brown the flour in a heavy iron skillet over medium heat stirring constantly. Add flour to onions and celery. Mix into stock. Add tomato sauce, sieved , hard boiled eggs, lemon and salt, red pepper and black pepper to taste.

Brown turtle meat and add to stock. Cook over low heat, simmering for two hours. Pour sherry into serving plate...and ladle hot soup over it.....yum....yum....Jethro would be all over this....Steve

Lil Gyps

Jan 3, 2008
Ozarks
You better have one little car-jack buuuuuuuuddddddy! or a very small appetite!!!

Attachments

• Bobber.JPG
    Bobber.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 269
OP
OP
stevesno

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lil Gyps said:
You better have one little car-jack buuuuuuuuddddddy! or a very small appetite!!!
This needs to be in the appetizer section...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread