Bologna Sandwich

hasbeen

Jan 4, 2006
A friend of mine liked my mom's fried bologna sandwiches so well that when he opened a restaurant,he had fried bologna sandwiches on the menu.The restaurant was very successful and fried bologna sandwiches were one of his most ordered sandwiches.

My favorite bologna sandwich consists of 2 slies of white bread ,one with mayo,one with mustard .Place a couple of thin sliced onions on one oiece of bread,2 slices of beef bologna,as many nacho sliced jalapeno peppers as you can pile on,1 slice of american cheese,then cover with the other slice of bread. mmmm GOOD

hasbeen

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you want to make tha sandwich good. Put some homemade sweet pickle slices on it. Its a killer.

S

stefen

Try to buy bologna locally and all you can get is turkey...yuck.

Must be a multi-cultural thing...

In fact, I went to an Albertsons recently and almost every item was in spanish...non sabe!

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
KOWALSKI BOLOGNA from hamtramk mich. where Tom Selleck was born. and dont forget braunswager ,onion ,horseradish on black rye bread w/REALbutter on the bread- from a european bakery. no wonder i have nightmares haha

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bologna Sandwich I fry it in a skillet with cheez

midnight run

Mar 21, 2009
Put a small amount of butter in a moderately hot skillet. Remove fresh Bologna from its nook in the ice cold refrigerator. Peel away one slice of said Bolgna from it's friends in the package. Ever so gently place the gourmet meat into the sizzling butter. Let fry until golden brown, then flip and repeate. As soon as the flip is made, place one (two if you are feeling frisky) slices of all American, homogonized, overprocessed, as gourmet as the bologna, cheese on the still sizzling slice of bologna. Place lid over skillet and let the cheese melt. Then place the entire assemly on a slice of fresh, soft, aromatic Mrs. Bairds bread. Than, seal the deal with a dab of your choice of BBQ sauce. Place the onlooking second slice of bread over the still hot all American delicacy and enjoy.

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
your a goumet with words. i don,t like fried bologna but you almost had me trying it

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
My favorite bologna sandwich,
I fry 2 slices of Bologna in whatever oil I have until the edges are a little crispy. Place 1 or 2 slices of American cheese on one then place the other slice of bologna on top. Place whole thing in bread or bun ( mustard if you wish) enjoy. Be careful, the hot melted cheese may run out on your hands.

Clayton

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Buy all beef bologna by the tube . Slice 3/8" thick til both sides are crispy . Your choice of good bread ,
and a liberal helping of your favorite sliced cheese . Stack what you got , slice a 3/4" thick slab of a homegrown beefsteak tomater on toppa that . Hit that with a dash of salt and a few drops of Tobasco.
That mater has to overlap the edges of everthing else by at least a half inch . Cover with another slice
of bread that's been slathered with real mayo and try to eat it in such a manner that all the drippins go in your mouth instead of runnin down your forearms to your elbows . ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
to make "fried" bologna stay flat when cooking -- cut 4 cuts on the edge --when it cooks up it will look like a "iron cross" design but will be flat -- no curling up into a cup
* -- food professional tip --27 years a merchant marine cook . :wink:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
to make "fried" bologna stay flat when cooking -- cut 4 cuts on the edge --when it cooks up it will look like a "iron cross" design but will be flat -- no curling up into a cup
* -- food professional tip --27 years a merchant marine cook . :wink:

Man there ain't nuthin likie a "pancho hat" sammich!!!! (Thats what my grandma called fried bologna & mustard sandwhichez). :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread