Book for skeptics (and most everybody else)

M

Mike(Mont)

"Handbook To Higher Consciousness". One of the main themes is that we all have addictions. Sure for some people this involves alcohol or other substances, but these can come in any form. You want to tone these down so they are just a preference. "I'd prefer this, but I don't go postal if it doesn't go the way I demand." The author talks about how people react to circumstances around them. "He makes me so mad!!!" Well, guess what? You are doing it to yourself by the way you react. It's not the other person, it's you. Really wonderful book. And like all books, just take what you can use and leave the rest. There's one chapter I refused to read. BTW, these mental programs we all have can really get in the way of your locating. This book is one of the top five for me.

OP
OP
M

Mike(Mont)

Most people have fight or flight programming from back when we lived in the jungle.

Here's a quote: "Handbook to Higher Consciousness" by Ken Keyes Jr.

"This Handbook will explain how you have been creating the experiences that you have. It will show you exactly what to do to break out of the traps in your mind that are the cause of all the unhappiness that you have experienced in your life!..."

"...While this was certainly not your intention, you will become aware of how you have been turning yourself off to the energies of the world around you. Your mind has been programmed to process incoming visual, auditory, and other information in ways that continuously alienate and seperate you from people. You will realize you have been unconscious of what you have been doing to yourself. It is as though you have been born with eyes that see only with great distortion--but which give the illusion of seeing sharply and clearly..."

OP
OP
M

Mike(Mont)

One more quote from "Handbook to Higher Consciousness"

"Over 99% of the people in the western world live on lower consciousness levels characterized by trying to find enough security, sex, "groovy" sensations, ego, rushes, prestige, money, power, and status. This endless struggle yields lives of constant resentment, worry, suspicion, anger, jealousy, shyness, and fear. Everything people tell themselves they must do to be happy ends up yielding more frustration than joy. The more successful a person is in making money, collecting skills and possessions, developing exciting sexual relationships, acquiring knowledge and degrees, and achieving positions of status, power, and prestige, the less loving, peaceful, and contented he may find himself or herself."

The "over 99%" part means just about everyone who has ever visited this forum is living the low-life existence. That's right low-life. Who do you see when you read this?

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
Mike(Mont) said:
Who do you see when you read this?

I see a hypocrite.

You say all you need is your own higher consciousness.

But you also say that it requires some kind of (expensive) electronics gizmo.

Make up your mind, huh?

And you have the nerve to call everyone else "low lifes"?

If you want to improve the treasure hunting community, you'd better clean up your own back yard, first!

Big Four Proofs of LRLs Fraud

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mike(Mont) said:
Who do you see when you read this?

Something totally irrelevant to the scientific validity of long range locating.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Mike(Mont) said:
"Handbook To Higher Consciousness". One of the main themes is that we all have addictions. Sure for some people this involves alcohol or other substances, but these can come in any form. You want to tone these down so they are just a preference. "I'd prefer this, but I don't go postal if it doesn't go the way I demand." The author talks about how people react to circumstances around them. "He makes me so mad!!!" Well, guess what? You are doing it to yourself by the way you react. It's not the other person, it's you. Really wonderful book. And like all books, just take what you can use and leave the rest. There's one chapter I refused to read. BTW, these mental programs we all have can really get in the way of your locating. This book is one of the top five for me.

This is a great book....I read it a while back. A true skeptic might read it, but I don't think the pseudo-skeptic camp would look at it though. I mean, just look at the title of the book.

Three big words right in the title itself.....just imagine how hard it would be to read the entire book.

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~EE THr~
They are trying anything and everything now.
They have been really squirming lately.
Oh well!
~LSMorgan~
Something totally irrelevant to the scientific validity of long range locating.
~EE THr
~EE THr
I see a hypocrite.
You say all you need is your own higher consciousness.
But you also say that it requires some kind of (expensive) electronics gizmo.
Make up your mind, huh?
And you have the nerve to call everyone else "low lifes"?
If you want to improve the treasure hunting community, you'd better clean up your own back yard, first!
Hey EddieR…Just be careful when nailing them to the wall…Art

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
Eddie---

Just to set the record straight.

Although I haven't read the book you are referring to, I don't have any particular problem with the title, itself.

But, if you have read any of my posts about dowsing being a psychic, or maybe I should say "Psyche," ability, you already know that.

So please don't try to categorize me as a skeptic of dowsing. I also don't make any claims that dowsing works, it's just that I don't personally have any reason to doubt that dowsers, in general, find whatever they are looking for.

As for the LRL electronics, I don't consider myself to be a skeptic there, either. It's just that I know they don't add to the dowsing success, unless by suggestion.

Strictly speaking, electronics and dowsing don't mix. The Psyche, soul, or spirit, whatever you like to call it, is not electronic. Electronics is physical universe stuff, and Spirit is not. It's as simple as that. The Psyche doesn't need any assistance from the physical universe stuff. Why would it?

So, you shouldn't use the word "skeptic" as a general term, when it is not. You should specify if you are talking about dowsing or electronics, if you really want to communicate exactly what's on your mind. And if you don't care to be precise in your communications, then I would think that you should be prepared to receive some vague and confusing responses!

:dontknow:

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
EE THr said:
Eddie---

Just to set the record straight.

Although I haven't read the book you are referring to, I don't have any particular problem with the title, itself.

But, if you have read any of my posts about dowsing being a psychic, or maybe I should say "Psyche," ability, you already know that.

So please don't try to categorize me as a skeptic of dowsing. I also don't make any claims that dowsing works, it's just that I don't personally have any reason to doubt that dowsers, in general, find whatever they are looking for.

As for the LRL electronics, I don't consider myself to be a skeptic there, either. It's just that I know they don't add to the dowsing success, unless by suggestion.

Strictly speaking, electronics and dowsing don't mix. The Psyche, soul, or spirit, whatever you like to call it, is not electronic. Electronics is physical universe stuff, and Spirit is not. It's as simple as that. The Psyche doesn't need any assistance from the physical universe stuff. Why would it?

So, you shouldn't use the word "skeptic" as a general term, when it is not. You should specify if you are talking about dowsing or electronics, if you really want to communicate exactly what's on your mind. And if you don't care to be precise in your communications, then I would think that you should be prepared to receive some vague and confusing responses!

I guess this is one of those vague and confusing posts you mentioned.....since I didn't name you anywhere in my post. Perhaps you are categorizing yourself.....but don't realize it? :dontknow:

By the way, you said I should specify whether I was talking about dowsing or electronics.

Huh?

I was talking about a book. :icon_scratch:

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
Eddie---

First I didn't say you were talking about me, I just said please don't categorize me as a skeptic.

Second, this is the LRL section, not the book review section, so I assumed that you were talking about LRL skeptics in general.

So, why are you talking about a Consciousness book here?

And what skeptics are you talking about, then?

P.S. Huh? Yourself!

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
EddieR said:
Three big words right in the title itself.....just imagine how hard it would be to read the entire book.

Handbook, Higher, Consciousness... These are 'big words' to you?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~EE THr~
First I didn't say you were talking about me, I just said please don't categorize me as a skeptic.
Second, this is the LRL section, not the book review section, so I assumed that you were talking about LRL skeptics in general.

P.S. Huh? Yourself!

HUH…Short term memory lose I would guess .. This a great forum for researching human nature.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,383726.0.html

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
EE THr said:
Eddie---

P.S. Huh? Yourself!

I'm talking about a book because that is what this thread is about. :wink:

As far as which skeptics I was referring to, I mentioned both kinds.

Now, about me categorizing you, I assure you I am not. There are just some pseudo-skeptical people on here that like to slam others simply because of open-mindedness. From reading your posts, you seem to be open minded enough to accept that there might be something to dowsing. I'm surprised that the pseudo-skeptical camp hasn't tore into you yet.

Huh? right back atcha! ;D

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
LSMorgan said:
EddieR said:

Handbook, Higher, Consciousness... These are 'big words' to you?

Sigh. ::) (flush)

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
EE THr said:
When feeble minded people have no rational data to contradict the message, they stoop to attacking the messenger.

You are soooooooooooooooooo busted!

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Aint that the truth! But I've gotten accustomed to the attacks and just brush them off. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread