Book of Ages

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been in contact with a retired earth scicne teacher for the last few weeks.. and he kept telling me that when he gets a chance to goto his locker, he will find his research books and give them to me..

it's started.. Today he gave me a 1978 edition of "Simon & Schuster's Guide To Rocks & Minerals" I'm fasinated with the onlder books more so then the newer ones.. yet I have more new books or "new age" books because of my stance towards the properties of the stones.

I can't say I'm very knowlable with every stone I come across.. and I tend to stay within a slected group of stones.. IE chalcedony, agate, Jasper Quartz etc.. Anything more persice then this for identifation porpose is beyond me. So I'll do my best to help those determane what they have..

I'm hoping to acqire a few more school related books or manuals for my research.. But this one will be a good book for my collection.. I think I'm more suprised at the fact that how these types of books have evolved over time.. So many have typos or mis labled minerals.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very cool budd! I myself have a few older prospecting type of books.
I find they are often much more "hands on" when it comes to descriptions, geology or what ever.

"Prospecting for gemstones and minerals" By John Sinkankas is one of my favourite books.
I think my copy is from the 70's to. :)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread