Booming!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Bunk

Nov 28, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
ML 4000-ML X70
GoodyGuy said:
I am going booming this weekend (I used to call it mini hydraulicking)
My first time out this year. I can't wait :hello2:

Anyone else boom for gold?
Pic's to follow.

GG~
I have but it has been years. It worked real good on the shallow creeks here in AZ.
Bunk

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hookshot said:
OK, I'll bite, what is booming? :dontknow:

Ever been snipe hunting?...............................

Just kidding.

Booming is when you use a suction hose up on dry land instead of in the stream or river itself.
You use your water hose to fill a hole then lay your suction nozzle inside the hole under the water and hand feed the nozzle by pushing material to it. There is also a special nozzle now available that feeds water as you suction material it's called "hydroforce nozzle" used for dry land dredging.

GG~

Hydroforce nozzle

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You take a boom boom in the toilet and not up the bank
Hydroforce will blast your face,eyes and body with mud,rocks and such and must wear goggles or pay heavily.
HIGHBANKING IS HIGHBANKING-boom bs is crackhead 49er BS to try and circumvent the law and in days of old was blasting the hillsides down(hydroblasting) and now ILLEGAL. :icon_pirat: John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
booming is a term that was around before the new 49ers.What lots of recreational prospectors are calling booming is like mentioned above However, technically unlawful within 100 yards of the active waterway per the dredge ban the equipment is illegal. if your in ca. but, past 100 yards or in other states, if you have a bench, deposit nice gravel bar with shallow bedrock,old buried river channel, pump some water start a hole and it sounds better than using a shovel and no hand classifying.run it up to your sluice and into a settling pond and your legal. fill the hole and i bet no one will mess with ya.

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bumping this back up - great system - must be many applications

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
Booming is when a ditch,creek head,gully is damned up...the water let loose and you clean up the gold(if any) off a sluice or bedrock.Keep repeating the process.Obviously no good on flat terrain.

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get over the title - call it whatever - but watch the second video or wallow in iggerence. Nuggy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread