boost buttons

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is all the fisher,and White's,user and any other manufacturer who uses the "boost button",If you can't run a detector wide open,then how do you use a boost button that in creases the out put power going in the ground. when you can't run it wide open in the first place.

...liftloop..............................

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up.

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what's up.

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the deal, I'm I hated that much, none of use want to reply, I'm only band from the garret channel, I don't think I'm being ignored electronically. but O well such is life get a grip T'netters. how can a boost button work if you can't run your detector past two in the first place. because of all the minerals in the ground. I will be bringing this up again, and again, and again, and again. till I get a reaction.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a question of hate. I don't have a detector with a boost button so I can't say how well they work, and about all I know of the inside workings of a detector is that's where the batteries go. :dontknow:

Intuitively, if the detector can operate in a higher gain then I'd leave it there and not need a boost. If I'm tuned and balanced I should be at optimal settings. A boost, I assume, increases the gain and or sensitivity. I believe the Tesoro version is a MAX Boost zone that pegs the sensitivity to the maximum. On my F-75 I usually run at reduced sensitivity anyway because it is much more stable and easier to detect the faint targets. So I don't understand the benefit.

I'm sure in certain circumstances it would be helpful while backing over a questionable hit. I toggle over to all metal occasionally for that reason.

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie P.(NY)

Thanks, it's a start. I can get out of hand some times. well if I crank up the 5900 on a target it hits harder but the I.D doesn't change.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd have answered this if I had been online sooner. Anyway, you've got it figured right. I have several detectors that have a max boost setting that can be helpful when the ground is not too mineralized, but is of little or no help when a high sensitivity setting causes chatter from the ground. I guess if one can stand the chatter it's possible to hear solid hits through it, but I never fool with it. I just run my detectors at the highest point where they are still stable.
luvsdux

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks luvsdux,

that's what I was thinking. may be I answered my own question and that's why no one answered. thanks all of yous.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions