Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonite, I went to the beach, me and my xt70. I didnt expect anything but clad, but figured thats ok, it all adds up.. well, as you know, I have been having a difficult time with wet sand, so tonite I decided I was going to win this battle and by god I sure did... Not only did I win... but I did two things I never thought I would be able to do... I am just so dam excited and I can't get my fingers to type fast enough.. so here goes...

I have a major fear of the ocean.. I have been like this since I was 5 yrs. old.. My grandmother took me every saturday by bus from Phila. to Atlantic city, we would change into our swim suits on the beach in the beach houses.. I loved it...till one day, being a 5 yr old, this particular day, everyone was screaming, running out of the water, lifeguards were running all over, there was pure fear all over the beach.. I didnt know what was going on, so being 5 yrs old and curious, I wiggled my way thru this circle of people and there was a person or what was left of a person, bitten by a shark, it was god awful and very bloody and very scary to a little girl.. I ran for my life back to my grand mother... Since that day, I have never been able to go into the ocean.. I have tried everything.. I would get a running start, and soon as I hit my ankles, it was like I was in cement, I couldnt go any further.. Well tonite, I stood at the waters edge, gazing at the ocean..I even saw small clear jelly fish, but I thought, well others are in the ocean.. so all the sudden I started to walk, I walked right into the water, I paused as I got to my ankles, knowing what was going to happen, but it didnt happen. The next thing I know, I am knee deep.. I AM IN THE OCEAN, with my detector, I just couldn't believe it..ME, IN THE WATER up to my knees...I didnt dare go any further for fear of falling in with the xt70 so I started to detect... I got a signal... infact I had gotten several signals but I was determined to get this one signal.. with my long scooper ( pain in butt one) I started to scoop it out.. scaned the hole, its still in there..I knew it was a coin.. it took me 6 tries to get that coin.... and to me, that is the most beautiful dime I have ever seen.. First.. its my very first water recovery, to some it may mean nothing since its just a dime..but, its my first recovery from the ocean that I did all by myself and in the water.... I was so proud of my self, this beautiful clad dime will be framed and every time I look at it, I will know that I overcame my fear of the ocean and its my first water recovery.. to me this means the world to me... funniest part is, I walked in with my socks n sneakers on... I just cannot tell ya all what a feeling this was to me.. I know I am not ready to go too much deeper.. and doubt that I can at this time..but by God, I did it tonite... so I water hunted a bit and then said ummm better get out before ya fall and ruin the xt70.

So as I was wet sand and dry sand hunting I was so happy, I didnt care what I found... first I hit a blanket spill, all clad, but as Mumzie would say, "I'll take it" then low and behold, I got another signal, which fell thru my scooper and I found it..my first sterling earring from the beach... ANOTHER accomplishement for me.. its a pretty flower post
earring ( marked on the back too) mother of pearl.. I just may frame that and my dime as a reminder, that Yes, YOU can do anything you put your mind too..

I am so very thrilled with myself that you all have no clue what tonite meant to me.. This evening is a nite I will never forget and know that I am not afraid to go into the water, even if its just knee deep at this time..

So that my friends is my big news of the day... I am just beaming over here... when I came into the house I yelled to my hubby I WENT INTO THE OCEAN...he said, ahhh up to your ankles again, I said NOOOOOOOO UP TO MY KNEES this time... he just about fell on the floor as he knows the fear of it that I had..

Thank you all for taking the time to read this post, one lil dime and one sterling earring made my year for me.. I just hope some of ya understand what this means to me..

thank you all... I am still beaming..

Attachments

• dimeearring.jpg
    dimeearring.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 696
Upvote 0

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Bootybay,

Let me be the first to congratulate you on the find of a lifetime!!!!!! More valueable than any other trinket or coin you'll ever pull up with your scoop!

Way to go!!!!

Jim

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Jim..
I so enjoyed myself..now I want a excall 800 ( smaller coil easier for me to handle)

:icon_sunny:

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Yes, now that you are going in knee deep, there will be no stopping you! Before you know it you'll be in waist deep then shoulder deep finding all of the real good stuff!!!! Better get that excalibur on order, and soon!!!!

:wav:

Doin' the wave for you at our house tonight!!!

graffixgirl

Apr 6, 2008
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800_MineLab Excalibur II_Titan3000DX w/DDcoil_minelab 505 w/DD coil AND "My vibe"
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WOW congrats on another step....(literally) in your MDing journey. fears are funny things....but when we overcome them it is so very freeing.
what a great story, and a bonus that you were led to that awesome dime!!
peace sista' THr! happy aqua hunting!!

Graffixgirl :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:wav: :wav:

Gold Dog

Mar 4, 2007
Southern Md.
Detector(s) used
Tesoros - Stingray 2 / Whites Eagle 2 SL90 / Whites Clacic 3 / Whites 2db
Way to go. :wink:
Now that you got your feet wet your Golden day may be next. I am very sure there is plenty of the good stuff in 1 to 3 feet range of water.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Those are beautiful, i am jealous :). Congratulations on overcoming your anxiety, I am glad to hear about it. Fears are horrible, and overcoming them is such a freeing and exhilerating experience. If you are in the Virginia Beach area, and want someone to hunt the water with, drop me a line. I have had a great many big ticket finds in the knee deep range lately, so keep at it, you are doing great!

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys n gals are great, but first I gotta get a water detector lol am not exactly ms. graceful to begin with .. thank you Nathionel, ya never know where I will end up at... and I do appreciate the offer.. I am still on cloud nine here.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
certainly, this is a hobby, and I do it for fun. Meeting people is part of it, and if you arent surefooted in the water, having a buddy with you would be a good thing. I see now you are a bit north, but, if you ever meander down here, give me a holler :)

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Rae,
The finds are truly beautiful.
But most impressive is your overcoming your fears.
I still have a couple I am fighting with...
especially the MIL thing,

But this is your night girl, Soak it up.
Ya done good !

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Overcoming one's fear(s) is truly an accomplishment.. one that not everyone manages to do in their lifetime. You found, as you well know, a treasure more than any detector could indicate. Of course the bling is nice too, but the feat is in the accomplishment not in the recovery of the bauble. BRAVO!

<standing ovation>

You go Girl!

Frodov

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
You found something more than the dime. You found your courage and that's priceless.
You just opened a hole new world for yourself CONGRADULATIONS
LT
What part of NJ?

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LT
I am 10 minutes from ocean city beaches.. Now I can't wait to git out there again.. save my clad.. get a water detector..and then look out.. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread