booya! I pull another one out of my...

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
checking over sites i'd already gone over pretty good here in miami fl., I finally found at least another wheatie, which kept me going through the fatigue until I got another hot signal, looked like the odd piece of brass or copper detritus, or a big cast iron broken piece of whatever that I'd already dug a bunch of, when I see that white silvery gleaming edge of a disk in the dirt, then i see text along the rim, booya! my first Benjamin half.

Stopped at my dad's to show him the 12' stuffed marlin I'd picked up that morning at a moving sale for $50 and get some refreshment, and after a rest up, felt like swinging the old axe over his 1925 yard yet again. So much iron pipe and old brass sprinkler heads under the grass, very difficult to get everything. Got a coin signal close to one of the sprinkler heads, probably why I'd missed it before, out pops yet another Merc from his yard. Found another wheatie right on top of one of the pipes, too. Near the old fountain, dug up a flattened .22 bullet, pretty deep, may have been shot into the ground.

The 12 gauge shell head was made sometime after the invention of the center primer and the first decade of 20th century when UMC was merged with Remington. It's from one of the 7 Long keys in Davie Fl., I'd left it in a basket and forgot to document it in earlier posts.
benjaminhalf3-3-12.jpg

Upvote 0

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Franklin half!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
scaupus,I have NEVER scored a Franklin in all my years of mding! Nice!!Keep swinging!! God Bless Chris

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:icon_thumright:

congrats !!!!! nice half, on my list... ;D

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Franklin find. The halves seem to be jumping out of the ground this year.

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that BIG silver :headbang:

windage

Apr 3, 2011
Mason-Dixon Line
Detector(s) used
eyes, ears, wet finger in the wind and old willow sticks, when that don't work; Minelabs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BIG BEN ! whahoo...that's fun, I don't care who you are

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread