Borax, Mercury, Blue Bowl or Sluicing?

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a lot of arizona flour gold to process, although I know Mercury is a little dangerous and I heard Borax takes the danger out.

Will the Keene Super Concentrator work for flour gold or should I just use the blue bowl with jet dry?

I tried to take this photo with my cell, it's a little blurry.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not finished processing this yet, just taking a short break.

It's hard to get a good shot to see the flour gold.

View attachment 1006370

View attachment 1006376

View attachment 1006377

Finished Result: 22 Troy oz, from 15 lbs of Ore on 6/10/14

View attachment 1007455

continue reading to understand how this was done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We have an earthquake classifier and you shouldn't need it with the impact mill. Look around before buying equipment and only buy to suit your production. Right now you are thinking small with a faulted assessment. You should assay the entire area and then buy your equipment to represent how much time that you want to take to extract it. The shortest amount of time to process is not always best but it really depends on the security and availability.

Vibro Separators from Cole-Parmer

I was just sharing a few links that it might help other people.

I always try to help someone out the best I can

Thanks for that link. Those units look great and not too cost worthy

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe one of these days John...But if I do break down and get me one...I assure you that I will learn how to tear it down completely too make sure it does not have any cucarachas...After all... I am either playing with The great Tayopa or El Naranjal John... And I sure as heck don't want anyone to be able to track me through a bugged piece of equipment... Heck... I don't even take a cell phone or metal detector with me to the site... I am one paranoid s.o.b. hehehe

Ed T:)

I don't take cells with me either. A cell can broadcast a location even if turned off, it's good to take the battery out of it when your not using it.

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So true John...When I go to my little spot that I found a honker of a diamond at... I buy me a new change of clothes... And believe it or not... I strip out of my old clothes and change into my new ones... I even take off my watch... I'm telling you that I am a paranoid s.o.b. lol

Ed T:)

REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE NETWORK |

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Believe it or not John...The worst thing in the world to take out to your sweet spot is your car or truck newer than the year 1988, or is it 1989... The cars have black boxes that can be downloaded and big brother knows exactly where you have been... It really sucks John...

Ed T:(

Thats why it's good to have an old Dodge Power Wagon

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
it's better to be paranoid anyway, people that aren't are the ones that need to worry

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm telling you John... I can go to any one of my sweet spots at any time...If and when I do so desire... Not when some other entity wants me to go to them... hehehe

After all John... Uncle Sam sure could use my source of PGM's... Or is that jest my paranoia speaking??? LOL

Ed T :)

It's better if your sources are only left for you and your location... just make sure no one follows you from a distance. That's why it's good to have an a long gun with a 2 liter bottle taped to the end of it.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well....it's not paranoia if everyone really is out to get you!

Geeze, guys... lighten up on the conspiracy bs :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have hired 2 ex military yesterday, to help in the protection and the transport of this ore, to an undisclosed mill in Phoenix

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread