Border Lands detecting?

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Sorry, but it isn't a no mans land. There is the "Eisenhower Easement" that allows about 50 feet of right of way along the fence. The land all the way to the fence belongs to whomever owns it. It's just like the land beside the street in front of your house. You own it, but if the government wants to use it... oh well. I know that around here, you wouldn't have any trouble getting permission to hunt it, but I don't think that you would want to hunt that close to the border.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
several around here would hunt around the u.s /mex border, not with detectors though.....tool of choice most likely a 300 magnum...........gldhntr

OP
OP
srpnt

srpnt

Greenie
Mar 24, 2006
Pasadena CA
Out in the desert, there are many parts of the US/Mex border that aren?t fenced (I think). I don?t know who owns them, but I can only imagine that it is the government. I don?t think these areas are reserved for preservation. I wonder if anyone searches these sites (for lost treasure as opposed to people). It?s a philosophical curiosity, but it occurs to me that in the days of yore, these areas were simply vast deserts where travelers sometimes met their ends. It seems that these areas would be just as valid to search as more northern locations but these areas would have had less visitors / treasure hunters.
Then again, the fact that most of the hunters in the area use high power rifles, I think I?ll keep this discussion in the philosophic realm.
Thx for the input.
-H

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread