Borescope info and pics

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
Just thought I would post this so people who maybe hadn't seen a borescope would know what it was and have some idea why it would be usefull for some types of cache hunting. This is one I bought last year on ebay for inspecting engines without tearing them down. It is amazing for that purpose. It would also be very good for seeing behind a wall through a small hole (less than 1/4") etc. Non destructive inspection and can be done quickly. The articulation can be seen in the third pic. The last pis is poor quality, as it was taken holding a cheap camera up to the eyepiece, the image looks much clearer in real life. They are reasonably in-expensive on ebay, just be wary of buying ones with broken fibres, they are extremely expensive to repair.

-Mike

Attachments

• scope1.JPG
    scope1.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 782
  • scope7.JPG
    scope7.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 781
  • scope9.JPG
    scope9.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 780
  • scope10.JPG
    scope10.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 789

coin_diver

Oct 3, 2003
Syracuse, ny
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, xl500 (27 yrs) XLT (17 yrs)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow, and I thought I had all the tools already. This will make a great addition, thanks for the tip! You see, until now I always used a big hammer!
Off to Ebay!

K

Kentucky Kache

Hey, that's a great little tool. Now I'll have to buy something else. Gee thanks. ;D

OP
OP
Visionquest

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
If your quick about it probably. The idea is minimal damage without reason ;)

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I sure could have used it today to explore my drain line clog :P

joe

Jun 7, 2004
Hello Darren,this is a good stuff,are there any that can be use to look for the orig hole of a cave?
;)

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
As much as I love caves, I wish. I'm sure the technology is there, but I'm not sure of the public demand and the ROI for a company who would do it.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
To all concerned:
I have a very portable, drillrig, :) that'll drill, up to a 4" dia hole! ;)
That's about the size of a one pound coffee can!
It will drill this, 4", hole in solid rock! :o
And!
Right now!
I have 250' of drill stem!
I, also have a IR/low light camera & 350 feet of cord, w/a 500 watt :o halogen/quartz, light, that will fit into & down, the drill hole!
There is No Problem! ::) seeing what's in there!

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
Hi capt bill,

can i ask what drives your portable drill? nice set up to make visual confirmation of a GPR reading, and of course a suspected treasure cache.

God bless,
Jose

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
We had a plumber where I worked that would send some kind of camera or probe on a special snake into old 3 inch cast iron sewer drain lines. He could go several hundred feet and see what is the cause of the clog or if and where the line has collapsed before he digs. He charged well for this service.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread