Borlsalino Carlo Lombardi 1930's-40's fedora, scored for a $1 at a garage sale today.

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi friends, first, thank you very much for of all for your time and willingness to help me in identifying my Borsalino. Second, I scored it today at a garage sale. It was late morning, around 10am, I stopped, and saw it on top of an old lamp. The minute I saw it, I knew that it was something very special. I turned it around and saw the different marking, and knew that it was an excellent quality hat. The hat has a little tag that indicates it measures 6.5". The Borsalino is in lovely condition with no tears or scuff marks, stains, etc. The only challenge is the torn lining, but at least we can see the markings! :-) I sincerely thank you for your help in further dating and identification.

Artslinger Borsa1 - Copy.jpg Borsa2 - Copy.jpg Borsa3.jpg Borsa4.jpg Borsa6.jpg Borsa7.jpg Bosa5.jpg

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright:Sweet hat ! Very nice condition . I'm glad you acquired it before moths & mice did . I don't think the lining tear is important , when your'e wearing it - who cares about the lining tear

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll definitely have no problem selling it (if you plan to), antique/vintage fedora collecting has a very strong following, and people will pay crazy amounts for the right hat. Nice find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread