Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Maria knew Pancho Villa, el diablo de Norte, and Zapata, el diablo de sur. We do not have pictures of either one hanging in the house, but you see them a lot hanging in Mexican restaurants for gringoes to admire. Since I think Mexican politics is always like high comic opera, I did research the pic. This was taken when Villa first met Zapata south of D. F. in 1914. Villa is setting in the presidents chair and told Zapata to take a turn in it, but Zapata wouldn't, cause he said he didn't fight for that, and they should burn it. To the far right is Rodolf Fierro, El Carnicero, known as Villa's butcher. With the bandaged head is Zapatista Otilio Montaño-Sanchez. He gave the welcoming speech at that meeting. He didn't fair well as Manuel Palafox declared him a traitor and had him executed, denying him last rites and not letting him face the firing squad. At the far left, Tomas Urbina, loyal Villa man, was executed anyway in 1915 by El Carnicero, Fierro. It goes on and probably everybody in that pic has a pretty interesting story, I told you it was like some sort of comic opera. My mother-in-law Antonia told me I should come to Mexico and look for Pancho Villa's treasure that everybody talked about. Since I'm on the topic, Dia de Independencia de Mexico is this month, September 16th not the 5th of May.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, Maria knew Pancho Villa, el diablo de Norte, and Zapata, el diablo de sur. We do not have pictures of either one hanging in the house, but you see them a lot hanging in Mexican restaurants for gringoes to admire. Since I think Mexican politics is always like high comic opera, I did research the pic. This was taken when Villa first met Zapata south of D. F. in 1914. Villa is setting in the presidents chair and told Zapata to take a turn in it, but Zapata wouldn't, cause he said he didn't fight for that, and they should burn it. To the far right is Rodolf Fierro, El Carnicero, known as Villa's butcher. With the bandaged head is Zapatista Otilio Montaño-Sanchez. He gave the welcoming speech at that meeting. He didn't fair well as Manuel Palafox declared him a traitor and had him executed, denying him last rites and not letting him face the firing squad. At the far left, Tomas Urbina, loyal Villa man, was executed anyway in 1915 by El Carnicero, Fierro. It goes on and probably everybody in that pic has a pretty interesting story, I told you it was like some sort of comic opera. My mother-in-law Antonia told me I should come to Mexico and look for Pancho Villa's treasure that everybody talked about. Since I'm on the topic, Dia de Independencia de Mexico is this month, September 16th not the 5th of May.
Thank you sir! VERY enlightening and interesting. Still need the full words for D F, if you can. I think Villa just won some battle that year and that may have been the impetus for the photo. What do you think? EVERY bandito had a treasure, including all those in our frontier folklore/factual desperados. Tnx agn for the help. (¡Pondré flores en la tumba de la angelita en la ciudad del Congress pronto!) ╦╦Ç

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about that, TC. D. F.--Distrito Federal, the Federal District, or Mexico City. We call people from there 'chilangos', which is intended as slightly derogatory. Also before I get in trouble, Maria didn't actually know Villa and Zapata, she knew of them, haha!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hope to get out that way one day. Thanks for the post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread