bosses cell phone

tommyd

Dec 12, 2006
YOUNGSTOWN OHIO
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
bosses cell phone

i received a call Friday morning on my way 2 work from my boss that he had lost his cell phone the night before shoveling snow. (keep in mind its 0 degrees at this time with a w/c of god only knows)
he wanted 2 know if my m/d would be able to find it ? (Garrett ace 250) i told him yes but it would be a tuff going thinking my batteries would die instantly out there. so i got my ace with all my re-chargables and a rigged up mini speaker to minimize drain and went at it. id say about 100 ft or so with all kinds of signals so i held my phone up got a reading and then discriminated from there. my hands were frozen after about 15 minutes so i went into my vehicle to warm up thinking there were 2 places where i got the correct signal after the warm up i figured id shovel those 2 spots then give up.
first spot were most likely u/g cables. 2nd was on top of a base of a moveable bb hoop. 1 shovel off the top and the phone came flying out ! i was amazed the phone was saved with the sim card with all the numbers in it 2. those phones are precious to people running businesses cuz really that's who they call 75 percent of the time. i was pretty stoked and proud of what the little yellow fellow and i accomplished :) the alkaline batteries never went down even a notch and i used those all last summer 2......all accomplished within about 50 minutes including travel time........

OroGrande

Apr 1, 2007
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Re: bosses cell phone

Shoulda just called the cell number and listened for the ring, lol. Nice find, WTG.

OP
OP
tommyd

tommyd

Dec 12, 2006
YOUNGSTOWN OHIO
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

OroGrande said:
Shoulda just called the cell number and listened for the ring, lol. Nice find, WTG.

he tried that ~ plus it was shutoff when i recovered it , hit the power button and wallah' it fired right up.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great going I know the numbers on the sim card for your boss are a life saver I have #'s on mine. that I really need to write down!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

most cell phone co. sell software to copy all your #'s to your computer. I've lost 2 cell phones and crushed another one in the last year, believe me the software is well worth it.

congrats on the find, Sniffer

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

I find that USB chord and the software program very hany myself.
(i use a USB connection rather than a text message, Because I'm tight and it costs less LOL)

Thom
OD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread