Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great all day of hunting with, South Jersey Jim and Goldirocks. Worked the night before and was so excited to hunt, I just couldn't sleep. Who needs sleep anyways. The Boston City Guard button was identified by CC Hunter as, MS 53. A super rare button, RV 20. The 1672 Farthing is my oldest known coin. The little Cob was a surprise, I thought it was just another little odd shaped what is it until a little cross shown in the sun, nice. When I dug the Two Reale I thought it was an aluminum plug and tossed it into my pouch not knowing it was a coin. Jim and I went over to see Goldirocks 1 Reale find. After looking at it I said, I just had a heart attack find and showed them my aluminum plug. Jim snatched it out of my hands and said thats a coin, its two Reale. In my defense it came out of the ground thin and very shiny. With no glasses on it looked and felt like an aluminum plug, wakeup... The two decorative watch winders are my favorites with a bust of someone on both sides. The other sporting a cannon, flag and cannon balls on one side and crossed swords on the other. Two clog clasps, a tiny silver dolls fork, assortment of buttons, coppers, Indians, tokens and the kitchen sink.

Attachments

• 2 24 13.jpg
    2 24 13.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 321
  • 2 14.jpg
    2 14.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 290
  • COB 1.jpg
    COB 1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 276
  • COB.jpg
    COB.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 288
  • 2 reales.jpg
    2 reales.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 932
  • 2 reales 1.jpg
    2 reales 1.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 954
  • Buttons Script.jpg
    Buttons Script.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 290
  • gw winder.jpg
    gw winder.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 940
  • Key Cannon.jpg
    Key Cannon.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 271
  • key crossed swords.jpg
    key crossed swords.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 264
  • face buttons.jpg
    face buttons.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 292
  • clog clasps baby silver fork.jpg
    clog clasps baby silver fork.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 284
  • 1672 Charles II Farthing.jpg
    1672 Charles II Farthing.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 289
  • BCG.jpg
    BCG.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 251
  • BCG.JPG
    BCG.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Upvote 19
OP
OP
artyfacts

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ive seen crumbier condition texas civil war buttons up on the banner. Who has ever seen yet hear about a Boston Guards one piece?! Not I. And its more rare. Half a page is correct. And that aluminum disc is in fact a 2R.

BrianNY

Oct 17, 2017
Long Island, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great all day of hunting with, South Jersey Jim and Goldirocks. Worked the night before and was so excited to hunt, I just couldn't sleep. Who needs sleep anyways. The Boston City Guard button was identified by CC Hunter as, MS 53. A super rare button, RV 20. The 1672 Farthing is my oldest known coin. The little Cob was a surprise, I thought it was just another little odd shaped what is it until a little cross shown in the sun, nice. When I dug the Two Reale I thought it was an aluminum plug and tossed it into my pouch not knowing it was a coin. Jim and I went over to see Goldirocks 1 Reale find. After looking at it I said, I just had a heart attack find and showed them my aluminum plug. Jim snatched it out of my hands and said thats a coin, its two Reale. In my defense it came out of the ground thin and very shiny. With no glasses on it looked and felt like an aluminum plug, wakeup... The two decorative watch winders are my favorites with a bust of someone on both sides. The other sporting a cannon, flag and cannon balls on one side and crossed swords on the other. Two clog clasps, a tiny silver dolls fork, assortment of buttons, coppers, Indians, tokens and the kitchen sink.

I know this is an old post but just today found the same watch winder as you did with the crossed swords and cannon w/ flags on the back. Have you ever found any more information on it? Time period/war related?

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now there is a good day. Great saves... Very nice!!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old post but just today found the same watch winder as you did with the crossed swords and cannon w/ flags on the back. Have you ever found any more information on it? Time period/war related?
I think it's pretty safe to say that isn't war related, but a patriotic or military motif for civilian use.
Good job finding this old post :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread