Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great all day of hunting with, South Jersey Jim and Goldirocks. Worked the night before and was so excited to hunt, I just couldn't sleep. Who needs sleep anyways. The Boston City Guard button was identified by CC Hunter as, MS 53. A super rare button, RV 20. The 1672 Farthing is my oldest known coin. The little Cob was a surprise, I thought it was just another little odd shaped what is it until a little cross shown in the sun, nice. When I dug the Two Reale I thought it was an aluminum plug and tossed it into my pouch not knowing it was a coin. Jim and I went over to see Goldirocks 1 Reale find. After looking at it I said, I just had a heart attack find and showed them my aluminum plug. Jim snatched it out of my hands and said thats a coin, its two Reale. In my defense it came out of the ground thin and very shiny. With no glasses on it looked and felt like an aluminum plug, wakeup... The two decorative watch winders are my favorites with a bust of someone on both sides. The other sporting a cannon, flag and cannon balls on one side and crossed swords on the other. Two clog clasps, a tiny silver dolls fork, assortment of buttons, coppers, Indians, tokens and the kitchen sink.

Attachments

• 2 24 13.jpg
    2 24 13.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 321
  • 2 14.jpg
    2 14.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 290
  • COB 1.jpg
    COB 1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 276
  • COB.jpg
    COB.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 288
  • 2 reales.jpg
    2 reales.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 932
  • 2 reales 1.jpg
    2 reales 1.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 954
  • Buttons Script.jpg
    Buttons Script.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 290
  • gw winder.jpg
    gw winder.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 940
  • Key Cannon.jpg
    Key Cannon.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 271
  • key crossed swords.jpg
    key crossed swords.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 264
  • face buttons.jpg
    face buttons.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 292
  • clog clasps baby silver fork.jpg
    clog clasps baby silver fork.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 284
  • 1672 Charles II Farthing.jpg
    1672 Charles II Farthing.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 289
  • BCG.jpg
    BCG.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 251
  • BCG.JPG
    BCG.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Upvote 19

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, that is some cool stuff. Congrats on such nice finds..

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Artimus , He he :laughing7: aluminum reale , don't feel bad , at least you knew what the cob was ,, Congrats on getting one . I am amazed at the # of winders at that incredible field . Your crossed sword winder has the most eye apeal in case you haven't seen it . You all are having a a good time ,

" eye's " can tell

:cool: dawg

OP
OP
artyfacts

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Artimus , He he :laughing7: aluminum reale , don't feel bad , at least you knew what the cob was ,, Congrats on getting one . I am amazed at the # of winders at that incredible field . Your crossed sword winder has the most eye apeal in case you haven't seen it . You all are having a a good time ,

" eye's " can tell

:cool: dawg

Thanks Dawg. When I picked up my aluminum reale I said to myself, what the heck is this doing in the field it must of fallen off a tractor. The winders and buttons are plentiful indeed. Five silver so far for me. There must of been allot of late people running around. Can I borrow your watch winder please... And pass the Grey Poupon.:blackbeard:

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds. I can't wait to get out.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day for sure :icon_thumright: Looks like you have a George 111 Silver Coin there to...

SS

Attachments

• 2%20reales.jpg
    2%20reales.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 83

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A whole lot of history in those finds :icon_thumright: Great stuff . Jim

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the ID...
running late again excuse me , do you have the time , :laughing7: half a dozen Winders are still Kool finds . :thumbsup:
Well done on the George III silver id , keen eyesight , British silver coinage is harder to find , although the closer you get to Philadelphia the chance of finding one improves immensely . :icon_scratch: found a William sixpence , George II thee pence and a George III three pence after years of searching 18 th century areas . :dontknow: pic of the reverse is toast , can weight indicate pence coinage ??? may be a shilling ??? like to know which denomination :skullflag:

CC Hunter

Aug 7, 2004
Timbuktu
Detector(s) used
Magnet on a Stick
Great variety of early buttons, relics, and coins! :occasion14:

The details on the watch winders are very cool. A Spanish cob is always a welcome sight!

Great day for sure
icon_thumright.gif
Looks like you have a George 111 Silver Coin there to...

SS

The coin is most certainly a silver Reales from one of the Colonial mints in Latin America. Many of the milled Spanish Colonial coinage we see recovered in sites in the USA, are in fact from the Mexico City mint. With the minimal details seen on the reverse of the coin, the actual mintmark is not clearly discernible. With the condition of this coin, most of the details are either worn, obscured, or illegible. The monarch appears to be Charles III (Carolus as written in Latin). My eyes are seeing what appears to be a "V" to the top left of the head, which is a clue to the date. Charles III died in December of 1788, and his son Charles IV succeed to the throne. For 1789 and 1790, Spanish coinage shows the legend of the new monarch, Charles IV, yet continued to carry the bust depiction of Charles III. In 1792, the bust of Charles III was replaced with that of Charles IV. The coin is described as being a 2 reales, which would have originally been equal to 1/4 of a US Dollar. The size would be slightly larger in diameter than our current $0.25 coin, with an original weight in 90% silver, of 6.77 grams. I believe we are seeing a Spanish Colonial 2 Reales of Charles IV, dated 1789 or 1790.

CC Hunter

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds congrats!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The details on the watch winders are very cool. A Spanish cob is always a welcome sight!

The coin is most certainly a silver Reales from one of the Colonial mints in Latin America. Many of the milled Spanish Colonial coinage we see recovered in sites in the USA, are in fact from the Mexico City mint. With the minimal details seen on the reverse of the coin, the actual mintmark is not clearly discernible. With the condition of this coin, most of the details are either worn, obscured, or illegible. The monarch appears to be Charles III (Carolus as written in Latin). My eyes are seeing what appears to be a "V" to the top left of the head, which is a clue to the date. Charles III died in December of 1788, and his son Charles IV succeed to the throne. For 1789 and 1790, Spanish coinage shows the legend of the new monarch, Charles IV, yet continued to carry the bust depiction of Charles III. In 1792, the bust of Charles III was replaced with that of Charles IV. The coin is described as being a 2 reales, which would have originally been equal to 1/4 of a US Dollar. The size would be slightly larger in diameter than our current $0.25 coin, with an original weight in 90% silver, of 6.77 grams. I believe we are seeing a Spanish Colonial 2 Reales of Charles IV, dated 1789 or 1790.

CC Hunter
I agree CC hunter , plain to see , at 2 o'clock , Charles IV bust is looking at DEI of DEI Gratia . America's first quarter, 1791-1808 Charles IV 2 Reale . Arty , just a suggestion , make it easier for us bad eyesight members , take macro pics with digital cam and lose the scanner . :laughing7:

Last edited:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CC Hunter
Well I did say looks like :laughing7: looking at the reverse I believe you can just see the centre of the sheild, of the Reale..good ID CC :icon_thumright:

SS

Last edited:
OP
OP
artyfacts

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best I can do with it. Thanks for the time with the ID, SS, CC and Dawg.

Attachments

• f.JPG
    f.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 70
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 70

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very historical diggings!

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an awesome assortment of finds. I would love to find a farthing and the watch winders are some of the best ones I've seen. You guys are killing it, congrats!

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Very sweet finds man:icon_thumright:

Would love to see that button cleaned up..

Blaze

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread