Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone! Been awhile since I have been able to get out or get on Tnet. I Finally got the weekend off and decided to get out early both days before the wife wakes up. Yesterday I went to a spot and there was no parking signs. So I drove up the road and parked. Totally messed with my plan. So I walked in the woods and immediately Found a 1909 Barber Quarter, 1915 Barber Dime, V Nickel, 1895 Indianhead, 4 Wheat, vintage Boy Scouts "Be Pepared" pin, old button, and some ringed bullets. Weird little spot cause I didn't find anything else in the area. image.jpeg
Today I headed out and I Didn't expect to have another great morning hunt. At first I was just finding bullets and starting to get ready to leave. As I was heading back my luck had changed. I found a 1907 Barber Dime. Shortly after that I found what seemed to be a real pistol cause of its weight. It has 25mm on it, but seems like a cap gun to me. Decided to make my way home and hit an 86-87. Dig the plug and it was a 2 coin spill. 1943 Washington, and a 1943 D Walker half. Turned out to be a great day.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Upvote 16
Will, you earned that Boy Scout pin! Your plan was screwed up with no parking signs so you, being prepared, parked somewhere else and found two barbers. Put on that pin with pride...I salute you!

Nice walker too dude. Those don't get old.

Steve

Ps that pistol is real, no doubt

Sounds like you had a great weekend adding to your silver count for the year. Congrats on finding that site. :occasion14:

Unbelievable ! that you can drive up, park , and just score old silvers and other coins like that - I'm stunned .

Nice job Will. You fared much better than I did yesterday.

Will, you earned that Boy Scout pin! Your plan was screwed up with no parking signs so you, being prepared, parked somewhere else and found two barbers. Put on that pin with pride...I salute you!

Nice walker too dude. Those don't get old.

Steve

Ps that pistol is real, no doubt
Thanks Scrappy! It was very frustrating to pull up to my usual parking spot and find it is now posted. The light at the end of the tunnel. My new parking spot requires less walking.

Sounds like you had a great weekend adding to your silver count for the year. Congrats on finding that site. :occasion14:

Thanks Loco! I am just a random Walker in the woods. The mountains were lumbered out in the 1800's early 1900's. So there were many lumbering camps. Shanties built on the hillsides by all the poor coal and iron ore minors. And the homeless used to rob people and escape to their mountain camps. Hunting cabins and many other reasons to detect the woods. I find almost all my finds there. And if I am lucky. I'll find a nice sheepshead mushroom too

Unbelievable ! that you can drive up, park , and just score old silvers and other coins like that - I'm stunned .
I live in what was once a great area. You could almost step anywhere and find something great. We all do pretty well locally. Not much that's crazy old though.

Nice job Will. You fared much better than I did yesterday.

Thanks OD! Really hoping we can get out together before the season ends. This work thing needs to lighten up a little.

Two real good days of finds, congrats.

Amazing hunts you put in, plan b fared well for ya!, you are on to something with all this woods hunting!

Killer hunt! !!

Very nice job on converting adversity to treasure. Great silver finds, congratulations!

Really nice finds there- congrats! Love the pistol and that Barber quarter is in great shape!

-- Jeff --

Damn Will musta been a good time...great grabs man!

Barbers.... Niiiice. Just dont come up with many of those where i get permission. Great digs! :thumbsup:

Way to go!!!!!! I love it when you don't expect much and BAM!!! Great saves!!!

I bet you'll be going back there soon! Congrats on the silvers!

Thanks all! Been a busy work year. Just happy to have such a successful season with the little time I get to go. That early morning research has really been paying off.

First of all great digs ! Second. You always swing the way the wind blows. Plans are all just an outline go with the flow the wind will put you where your suppose to be ! I. E . No parking so the winds of no parking blew you to a good spot !
I love it !!! HH gl eastcoast

Very well done! You got some really nice finds this weekend. Congrats.

DANG THERE WHIPOR WHOOPS , I MEAN NEPAWILL WHAT DID YOU FIND A DISCARDED CASH BOX ....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back