Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds!!! I am waiting for the fall then I am gonna start to dig in at my bottle dupm in the woods. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
TreasureFiend said:
Very cool finds!!! I am waiting for the fall then I am gonna start to dig in at my bottle dupm in the woods. :thumbsup:

Much smarter!!! still tooo hot!!

Semper Fi

MonkeyBoy

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old bottles are really cool. Is there any embossing on the brown whiskey bottle?

bottlecap4t2

Aug 28, 2009
nice digs "monkeyboy" is the small cobalt blue bottle a bromo seltzer from emerson drug company baltimore. i was actually just heading out the door to dig an old bottle dump and then i saw your post.nice finds you got there. keep your eye open for them ponytail on the bottom of the bottles usually means they were made before 1865 also the Burnett's Cocoaine bottle if you find one i will buy it from you lol. great finds!

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
thrillathahunt said:
Old bottles are really cool. Is there any embossing on the brown whiskey bottle?

No.. plain.. the closet match I could find was for a mineral water and it has iron stains around the neck.. much like the stoppers they used but it just has the "look" of whiskey to me..

MB

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
bottlecap4t2 said:
nice digs "monkeyboy" is the small cobalt blue bottle a bromo seltzer from emerson drug company baltimore. i was actually just heading out the door to dig an old bottle dump and then i saw your post.nice finds you got there. keep your eye open for them ponytail on the bottom of the bottles usually means they were made before 1865 also the Burnett's Cocoaine bottle if you find one i will buy it from you lol. great finds!

Yes, it is a Balt bromo... we get lots of them around here.. and Oh yeah.. pontil bottles are the ones we are looking for... just have to get through the first 5 or 6 feet of the dump first!!!

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
SWR said:
Is the insulator two parts?

Maybe a few more pictures of the insulator, please :)

Busted!! ;-) it is a one piece.. but the edge is broken off the back side in the picture.. I'll post some more.. funny thing is.. I swear I had good torpedo the way the top looked in the hole! ;-)

MB

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice bottles.. I like to find em also to bad im outa shelf space :laughing9: MR TUFF

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
SWR said:
MonkeyBoy said:
thrillathahunt said:

No.. plain.. the closet match I could find was for a mineral water and it has iron stains around the neck.. much like the stoppers they used but it just has the "look" of whiskey to me..

MB

Malt extract

http://www.sha.org/bottle/beer.htm#Malt extract/tonic styles

Thanks for the reference.. have to say a little disheartening... since that puppy was pretty deep!! I don't think we will ever reach the "good" layer at this point... way too deep!

MB

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
cool stuff bud!! i have a couple of dumps i can check soon i think one of them is from the guy who started lowes movie thearters so it wouldnt be super old. willy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions