The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last weekend while out detecting I decided to stop at a site I hunted a couple of years ago, and while there I happen to find a couple of old bottles. So what the heck lets give it another try since I am in the area......we found some old spoon fragments and some large pennies, but the bottle were what interested me at the time. They were whole intact bottles! So when I got to the site and started digging ( in the same area I found the bottles) what happened next.....In the first whole I dig, out pops this nice green blown glass bottle and one of the clear ones....Now I'm not usually a bottle hunter , I take them home when I find them digging or detecting around the old cellar holes. But today why not and over a period of an hour .......out came these nice pieces..... I had to be careful and change up the way I was digging them......they are intact , I did not want to break them but using a small digging shovel came in handy.....Hope you enjoy some bottles!

P2100008 Medium Web view.jpg

P2100007 Medium Web view.jpg

P2100011 Large Web view.jpg

I may go back to this site some time over the weekend and dig more of these nice pieces.........!

P2100010 Large Web view.jpg

Keep on Digging! John

Upvote 0

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
DARN FINE BOTTLES

THEY WERE THAT SHALLOW? JUST UNDER THE TOP, NEAT

THERE AIN'T NO TELLIN WHAT YOU WILL FIND, KEEP US POSTED- :thumbsup:

MLHUDSON

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Cool bottle finds....know the age of them?

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 505
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 482

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were those bottles just below the surface? Ya killin me.

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Friday oour return visit was a great success.....we found plenty more bottles at least 30 to 35 more and in this batch were a brown and some torpedo bottles ....I guess thats what I was told....Not much into the bottles , but what the heck.....I'm willing to change it up a bit for something different and especially when they are coming out whole! There are so many broken ones, black glass, green and some other weird colors but 99% of them are marked....with names and streets.......Will have a post soon after I clean them. Maybe even a video.....We recorded the whole thing! The next step in "Extreme Metal Detecting"

John

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Git r done. I want to look at your video. Post it up somewhere when you get done with it. I am interested.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Seeker said:
On Friday oour return visit was a great success.....we found plenty more bottles at least 30 to 35 more and in this batch were a brown and some torpedo bottles ....I guess thats what I was told....Not much into the bottles , but what the heck.....I'm willing to change it up a bit for something different and especially when they are coming out whole! There are so many broken ones, black glass, green and some other weird colors but 99% of them are marked....with names and streets.......Will have a post soon after I clean them. Maybe even a video.....We recorded the whole thing! The next step in "Extreme Metal Detecting"

John

Great post John can't wait to see the others when cleaned. Congrats.

Burdie

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
I would put away my detector for a while and spend some quality time there!! Nice score, me and my buds dig privies and a lot of times we're happy just to dig ONE of those blobs etc.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :coffee2:

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
NICE BOTTLES GET THEM ALL. MIGHT BE SOME GOOD ONES. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread