Bottling works harpers ferry 7 flu. ozs.soda bottle WV found to today!!!VALUE?

Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Hey guys found this while i was out today. its a GREAT and BEAUTIFUL BOTTLE! I looks much better in person, i could not get good pics of it, its clear and hard to get the emboss to show on a pic.
Unfortunately i cant find much info on it! Not a single on on eBay, and i cant even find on on the web.

But here's what i got so far The DATE of the bottle!
Charles Smith purchased the bottling operation in formed "harpers ferrry bottling works" in 1914- 1927. Of course in west Virgina!

I would say due to Harpers Ferrys LARGE well know history, this bottle has to be worth something, and if you add to the fact i can not find ANOTHER one or much info at all. I'm guessing it to be rare! I found out that "bottling works harpers ferry" is the company before "gateway" soda took over!

The bottle! READS!
Mid Top-"BOTTLING WKS HARPERS FERRY
NEAR THE BOTT0M- HARPERS FERRY W. VA. CONTENTS 7 FLU. OZS.
the EMBOSSING AND DESIGN ARE JUST COOL.
At THE MID SECTION OF THE NECK IT AS 4 SMALL DIMPLES ALONG THE BOTTLE!

WELL HOPE THE PICS HELP! ANDY INFO OR VALUE IDEA WOULD BE GREAT.

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 915
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 799
  • photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 717
  • photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 668
OP
OP
R
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Well its been over a week now and not a word! No one has any ideas or thoughts or input!

Harpers Ferry I well know from the Civil War and James Brown! Figured I'd get some kinda response.

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
RRGhostWreckKeepperOfGems said:
Hey guys found this while i was out today. its a GREAT and BEAUTIFUL BOTTLE! I looks much better in person, i could not get good pics of it, its clear and hard to get the emboss to show on a pic.
Unfortunately i cant find much info on it! Not a single on on eBay, and i cant even find on on the web.

But here's what i got so far The DATE of the bottle!
Charles Smith purchased the bottling operation in formed "harpers ferrry bottling works" in 1914- 1927. Of course in west Virgina!
<snip>
Has it occurred to you that there is no similar bottle on eBay because the bottle has little or no value? Sometimes, subscribers are silent because they don't want be the bearers of negative news.

You can search for your bottle here: http://www.decosodas.com/

Findone

Jan 20, 2006
COPE SOUTH CAROLINA
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT and Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it is so rare, no one knows, anything about it, or what the value would be! :thumbsup:
I think it's cool too. :wink:
Leon

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RRGhostWreckKeepperOfGems said:
Well its been over a week now and not a word! No one has any ideas or thoughts or input!

Harpers Ferry I well know from the Civil War and James Brown! Figured I'd get some kinda response.

Did you mean John Brown? I am pretty sure this cat wasn't around during the Civil War :tongue3: Sorry, I couldn't resist haha!

Attachments

• PMugshot__james-brown.jpg
    PMugshot__james-brown.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,956

jrsherman

Oct 15, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Etrac
Thats Terrible Kiros! It is a pretty neat bottle though!

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Nice bottle, not sure on the value but I am in Virginia and have found 3 or 4 whole ones and a bunch of broken ones. I like them because they are local marked bottles..

MB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions