bought 12 rolls today!

prospectordamon

Mar 31, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/6X10 DD Coil/950 Coil
new to the forum, but far from new to the coin world. never tried coin roll hunting. This forum got me interested so i said wat the hell and had to go to 7 different banks to buy 12 rolls of half's today. My finds included 10 40%, 2 64's, 2 mirror-proof's, and some weird gold plated 1972 kennedy with 1960 and 1985 stamped on it.

My question is, how in the hell are you guys buying BOXES of these things when i cant even scrounge up half a box from my whole city!???

Upvote 0

FIRE310

Mar 22, 2011
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO, Ace 250, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds!
I went to 31 banks before I found a bank that would order for me, up until then it was just hit and miss rolls and loose stuff like your coming across. Finally found some to order for me now. Get the phone book and start calling :thumbsup:

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
this will help you

Attachments

• Stamped_Kennedy.jpg
    Stamped_Kennedy.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 365
  • Stamped_Kennedy.jpg
    Stamped_Kennedy.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 367

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go up to the banks head manager, be friendly, ask them if they could order half dollar boxes. Tell them you'll purchase as many boxes as you need. Luckily for me, my one supply bank told me I could order as many as I want with no fee at all. The issue around where I am is dumping the coins though, so I limit myself to $1000 (2 boxes) about every 3-4 weeks. Not much compared to some people on this forum, but good enough for me!

Hope this helps

BuffaloBoy
:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

db23

Mar 18, 2011
Try the bigger national banks... I have 2 that order me halves, 1 4 boxes a week the other 2-3 a week. Had another major branch order me 1 box, a complete skunk so I didn't bother going back for more yet... I even had a national bank that I don't even have an account with offer to order them for me! Just keep asking and I have found that if you go into it knowing what you're talking about they are very receptive. Let them know that you realize it's $500 a box and that's not a problem... I'm still very new to this, but this is my experience so far.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
In my area, it is pretty hard to find halves in any quantity.

Last week, I hit about 20 banks, and found about $220 worth...$210 of that came from one bank.

I was pretty disappointed though with the $210 worth. All were CWR, and the first batch of $100 that I bought were marked "1974 D Entire Roll". I was stoked, and went back to buy the last $110 worth. It was all CLAD!!!!!

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clovis97 said:
the first batch of $100 that I bought were marked "1974 D Entire Roll". I was stoked, and went back to buy the last $110 worth. It was all CLAD!!!!!
I am clueless.............. Why get stoked??? Over a 74D

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reverend B*IKE* said:
clovis97 said:
the first batch of $100 that I bought were marked "1974 D Entire Roll". I was stoked, and went back to buy the last $110 worth. It was all CLAD!!!!!
I am clueless.............. Why get stoked??? Over a 74D

A bunch of potential 74-D Doubled Die Obverses? Or hope for a roll marked "1964 Kennedy Entire Roll." Anyway, it's all about finding a bank that will order you the Halves. If you can't find one, just do Dimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread