Bought 2 boxes from a new bank today

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Called a bank close to home and they said they had two boxes left and they would sell them to me.

Got 1-walker
1-franklin
1-64
49-40%s

There were almost 30- 65s that looked brand new. I think both boxes were wrapped from the same load because both had the bright 65s in them. At first I keep thinking they were 64s because there was no copper showing at all on the rims-just bright silver. I wish the bank had more boxes like this, I would go back tomorrow for more.

They sold them to me for free (face value) and I do not have an account with them. Actually, they did not even ask. The teller said they would order more and that they have had alot of requests from people lately for $500 boxes of halves.

Jim

Upvote 0

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
What what kind of bank?

I just ordered from Bank of America and they told me I had to have an account and the nearest one from me is 75 miles away. I am going on a trip and that is the only bank in the area. So I had to open an account using my credit card to put the $25 in it... Oh well.

thanks
Cat

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Congrats Jim that is a nice score w/ 52 keepers 8) , I think that u are right about those boxes being wrapped at the same time ...I have had a few boxes that were twins with AU 64s and then with about the same amount of other AU keepers ... kudos nice pile to through in the with the stash :thumbsup:

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Cat,

It was a BOA. They never asked me if I have an account there. I don't have any bank accounts there, but BOA bought out a company that I have a credit card with, so technically I guess I am a customer of theirs. But they never asked either way.

I have signed up with small savings accounts at a few different banks here in town just to have a place to dump rejects or a place to buy. It is well worth it if they don't charge any kinds of fees for buying boxes or dumping.

Jim

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those were outstanding boxes Jim. WTG! Get any boxes that you can from them.......I smell a vein.....lol.

Congrats on a great day!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jim4silver said:
I have signed up with small savings accounts at a few different banks here in town just to have a place to dump rejects or a place to buy.
I am having 2nd thoughts about the small banks that I belong to. It is hard to be anonymous.

One bank I had not been into for two months, I walk in and the manager greets me by my first name. I have 2 large chains with 2-3 local branches that I dump to. Never any problem.

At another small credit union, I walk in and the manager asks if everything is going OK because my name came up in a meeting earlier because I had not been doing a lot of transactions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread