Bought a 2nd detector today

Gnron

Feb 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While md'ing a park today a guy drove up and said I need someone to metal detect with me. I laughed and said come on. But he didn't won't to and said he had one for sale. It was a Bounty Hunter Lone Star. I just got my first detector a couple of weeks ago. A Garrett 250. Figured I would get it for my grandson and offered him $50 dollars for it and he took it. Was this a decent deal? It works just fine. Thanks, Ron

Upvote 0

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it sounds like a great deal for a grandson or other person who wants to tag along. Looks like they are about $140 brand new, so I'd say that you did good.

WM

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not too bad for that machine.

I have only used on Bounty Hunter (sharpshooter 2) and it was pretty sweet for clad.
It killed coins above 5" and I still own it.

I do think that Bounty Hunter should focus more on performance and less on bells, whistles and notching.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope I'm wrong but it sounds like an unknown 3rd party might be missing a Metal Detector???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread