ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just received a new detector, a Garrett AT Pro. It has most of the features I was looking for and several I don't need, but seems to fit what I have been looking for. It is only my second digital detector. The first one was not to my liking that I bought many years ago. Sold it several years ago. Hoping this experience with digital will go a lot better than the first one. My biggest problem is I am an analog guy in a digital world! I have had a lot of experience with many different detectors for many years in the hobby, so I'm not anticipating any real problems with the AT Pro.

I've been reading the manual and playing with the detector to familiarize myself with its features and operational functions. I'm about ready to take it outside in my yard and try it out in our mineralized soil. Wish me luck!

Upvote 0

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck with your new best friend! I've hunted a bunch with 'smallfoot' from this forum, and he can find an Indian Head Cent next to a hunk of iron with his AT-Pro! Work with it, and you'll 'ace' it. :laughing7:

SlateBeltDigger

Sep 30, 2020
Bangor, PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took the AT Pro out in my back yard yesterday afternoon to test it out. Here in the Pacific Northwest area where I live we have very highly mineralized soil and this time of year it is hard and dry. I had no problem manually ground balancing it at about 88. I tested it on various practice targets, nails, bottle caps, pennies of both kinds, clad and silver coins and a 14K gold ring I wear. I somewhat familiarized myself with tones and signals the Pro gives, then searched parts of the yard I'm sure I have completely searched out with several other detectors I have had. Got a good signal. At about 6 inches I recovered a 1967 penny. I have never found a penny at 6 inches in this highly mineralized soil (and this dry) with any other detector I have owned or used here. I'm pretty impressed with the AT Pro at this point and am looking forward to getting out in the field once I get more familiar with it and learn what it is telling me. I think I made the right decision with this purchase.

I told ya!!!

OP
OP
ArfieBoy

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, SBD, you did! Thanks.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT Pro is a very good detector. I was a White's fan for 35 years until I won an AT Pro at a seeded hunt. After getting the Pro I liked it so much I sold my White's detector. The Pro is easy to learn and will definitely find the good stuff. Good luck with your new detector.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just received a new detector, a Garrett AT Pro. It has most of the features I was looking for and several I don't need, but seems to fit what I have been looking for. It is only my second digital detector. The first one was not to my liking that I bought many years ago. Sold it several years ago. Hoping this experience with digital will go a lot better than the first one. My biggest problem is I am an analog guy in a digital world! I have had a lot of experience with many different detectors for many years in the hobby, so I'm not anticipating any real problems with the AT Pro.

I've been reading the manual and playing with the detector to familiarize myself with its features and operational functions. I'm about ready to take it outside in my yard and try it out in our mineralized soil. Wish me luck!

Congrats on the new machine! Nice choice!

OP
OP
ArfieBoy

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the encouraging words Clad2Silver and Bart! Been in my back yard with the AT Pro and finding coins deeper there than I have ever found before with other detectors in our bad soil! Very pleased so far! I want to take it out more but it has been raining and cool the last 5 days... and I'm an old worn out th'er that likes warmth! Thanks again all you guys!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread