Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Our family has lived in our current house for 12 years. What used to be a quiet small town turned into a huge city in that time. Once the Super Walmart was built I knew the worst was yet to come. So crowded, it took ten minutes to drive one hundred feet. Zoning laws were changed to not allow goats to be kept, let alone a horse (which we had to board 20 miles away). They tore down the beautiful 1850's house next door due to "termites", and put up an ugly looking duplex. The lady who lives there randomly stares at us while pressed against the fence when we are in the yard, and throws stuff into my yard at my goats ( the police have also been there for drug issues a few times). Our house also does not have the land we would like, and is a bit too small. We decided this year that it was finally time to move. After looking at many houses and not quite finding the right one, we found the perfect place. A beautiful 1770's Georgian house, with a big yard zoned for horses and goats. When we stepped in for the walk-through of the house, it was so warm and cheerful inside! Huge kitchen with 1700's beehive stove and fireplace. The rooms were open and spacious. The upstairs had beautiful wide pine floors, and very nice bedrooms. The barn is connected to a small rec room, making it so you don't need to go outside in the winter to tend to your animals. The yard is nicely sized, easily fitting a horse and goats. The whole house was completely restored and renovated by the previous family, who bought another colonial on the same street to also restore. They lived here for nearly 10 years, raising their children and getting married there. Their goal was to maintain all the charm of the time the house was built, yet make it completely fit to live in without most of the problems old houses have. There were two other competitive offers, we got a call today saying our offer was picked. I can't wait to move in!

Also, this was the house I asked about a few days ago in general discussion. I didn't say anything about buying it until later, scared I would jinx it :laughing7:.

DirtyPockects

Apr 18, 2016
Dayton, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Garrett Ace400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new house. Sounds like a place with a lot of history and maybe some silver in the front yard

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the new house. Sounds like a place with a lot of history and maybe some silver in the front yard

8 kids lived there in the 1830's. Kids drop stuff. There easily could be some silver!

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So.....will we get to see real pictures of where the midgets lived upstairs:laughing7:really though,congrats...sounds like a comfy place.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ghost_large.gif
Dang - built in the 1770's! OMG - do you hear any strange noises at night? Do you feel some cold spots? OMG - OMG!!!!!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Sounds like a great place to live, and to detect.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on the move. Lousy neighbors can ruin your life. Glad to hear you are leaving her behind.
HH
dts

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds wonderful, pics would be great.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
ghost_large.gif
Dang - built in the 1770's! OMG - do you hear any strange noises at night? Do you feel some cold spots? OMG - OMG!!!!!

I will be very interested to check! The place felt very positive, will be cool if there are spirits there (just as long as they aren't negative). It will be fun to do EVPs there, I will let you know if I catch anything on them :)

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
So.....will we get to see real pictures of where the midgets lived upstairs:laughing7:really though,congrats...sounds like a comfy place.

Lol!! Yes you will finally have the privilege of seeing the famed upstairs :laughing7:.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your new home, and the history that comes along with it is huge bonus. Nothing like having a bit of history on your very doorstep. Being already renovated sounds like music to my ears as I'm going into my first full year of living in sawdust, and crap.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures.

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the new homestead! :thumbsup:

Hmm... 1770's house, lots of kids through the years, big yard.

Sounds like a great place to have a T-Net BBQ with metal detectors in tow.... :laughing7:

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Guess what! The owners knew that I was into history so they are going to email the complete history of the house! I can't wait!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
"Glad to hear you are leaving her behind."

Now that I read my previous post, I see where that came out all wrong. I think you know what I meant. Looking forward to more information and pictures of the house (not her behind).
HH
dts

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is really good stuff to hear. I really hope that you enjoy the new property, both inside and out. I will be looking at numerous properties in Pennsylvania later this month. I hope I too can soon post an experience like yours.
Congratulations to you and your family.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the "New" to you house! Sounds like the old home was no longer a place that was big enough and the neighborhood was in a state of change and not necessarily for the good. Looking forward to seeing pics. Sounds like this place has a lot going for it in space and in use for you all and your animals! Some detecting in its' future? Why drive when you can go right outside and checkout your own property!

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I just counted 19 houses that you can see from my current house's backyard. Another neighbor throws pizza crust and other food over the fence for the goats (which could get them very sick, and they don't eat it anyway). One kid thinks it funny to throw eggs at cars and shoot people with his BB gun. Our family was in the backyard at night with a small fire going on one time last year. We saw a fox in the small patch of woods and shined a flashlight to see it better, walking close to the fence. Practically all the houses within 50 feet of our house turned their lights on to see what was going on, a few people went outside, and the person directly behind us screamed at us and went down to our fence line and released their annoying barking dogs to "scare us away". The woman I talked about in my original post went right next to our fence with a blinding flashlight and pressed up against the fence for 5 minutes, staring, then paced around until she walked back inside. At the new house there are no neighbors to be seen from our backyard, just woods. From the front yard you can see a house on the other side of the street, at the end of a long driveway and masked by trees.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully your old neighbors will get someone just like them move into your old home. They can live unhappily ever after and a good riddance from you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread