Bought black checks dump, still got silver

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
If there is a black check mark on the roll, that most likely means a teller has counted the halves and the count is correct.

Jim

OP
OP
N

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
I find these at many different banks. Do they all use the same black marker in the same style >?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
NaturalJWL said:
I find these at many different banks. Do they all use the same black marker in the same style >?

I guess it could be some CRHer returning dumps and he marks them with a check so he doesn't get them again?

I always used to think that rolls with a black marker down the side were dumps and the CRHer marked them that way. After I looked closely I saw that the marker was used to cover the acct. number of the person who deposited them, and sometimes the rolls had silver.

If you ever find silver in one of the check-marked rolls you will know it is something the bank is doing and not a CRHer dump mark I suppose.

Jim

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went through $800 worth of halfs last week that were all marked with a black marker. I thought the same thing at first but realized it was the account numbers that were being marked out. Got 11 40%'s and 1 90%. The next weekend the rolls that still had the account number written on them not blacked out and they were the solid silver ones. Go figure... ;D

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i'm catching on too....i found out i was searching someone else's dumps not by there being marked, but all the coins in all the rolls were facing the same way. $260 worth. NADA.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread