Bought for gold, but using for clad. Shame on me.

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally found a friend (younger than me) willing to do my digging for me. Maybe this old body will last longer now. :laughing9:

We went out with my MXT around noon and spent about an hour detecting before the sun started getting too intense for us. We only detected a strip between the curb and sidewalk in front of an old house.

In about 10ft X 4ft, we found 4 clad dimes at about 4", and 5 pennies. 2 of the pennies were wheaties, 1953 and 1941. The other 3 were 1971, 1978 and 1981.

There were more signals (including trash,) but I was feeling kinda bad about using the detector I bought specifically for finding gold, searching for clad coins. :laughing9: :laughing9:

Nah, not really, it was great to get out with it and find anything. But, I was really disappointed in my Whites Bullseye11 pinpointer. As far as I'm concerned, it's a worthless piece of..........JUNK!!

But, the MXT is a great piece of equipment.

Upvote 0

dave5339

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Minelab X-Terra 305, Garrett Pro Pointer
plehbah said:
How may I find a metal detecting indentured servant?

Have kids!

It worked for my wife and I. Every now and then I turn the kids loose with the digger and the pro pointer. Sometimes they find the target, sometimes they don't.

Semper Fi

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
How may I find a metal detecting indentured servant?

He's not an indentured servant, he's my slave!!

But, in answer to your question; buy one of those books:
"Learn to hypnotise your friends".

They'll love you for it. :laughing9: :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread