Bought some rejects-except for one coin

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Called a particular branch of a bank where I have an account that is out of the way, because I was going to be in the vicinity. They said they had about 400 bucks in halves that were loose (but in a bag). I asked how they obtained them, and the teller said "oh they just sort of trickled in over time". This was the vault teller mind you.

I was thinking home run time. Anyway, when I get there to pick them up and the teller (not the vault teller) who waited on me went and brought them out. They were even a nice off the wall number like $412 dollars worth. I asked her how long it took to get that many, and she said one customer brought them all in and they had them a while.

I could see green and red stripes on many of the halves in the clear plastic bank bag and I knew at that time my dreams of silver were not happening today.

Found one 40%er in there though. It had a pretty much clad looking rim and I guess the CRHer who dumped them missed it.

Jim

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well atleast you got a silver for your trouble... ;D

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Well Jim, 1 more to add to the stash ... I picked up 1800.00 worth of trash while on a road trip 2 weeks ago and I left another 2600.00 ... damn they had been dumping boxes all over that town. Heres to some better scores you will certainly slam a bunch of keepers on one of your trips ... best of luck and happy holidays , Ed

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jim4silver said:
I asked how they obtained them, and the teller said "oh they just sort of trickled in over time". This was the vault teller mind you.
Sound like the vault teller knows what is going on and just wanted to get rid of her headache.

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
I agree with dan on this one. =)

Those tellers... well... some of them... aren't stupid. And all of us know how much they don't like having halves in their banks. We bug them with orders, the bug us by tricking us into buying other people's dumps. =)

And the game of CRH'ing becomes more complicated, lol.

~Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread