Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AT Pro. Great machine from what l understand. I am not sure that spending more would get more than AT Pro offers. Just out of my price range. My 505 has no motion all metal that does ID the targets. I was a little disappointed that the LRP does not. As far as the F2 goes I do like it, and would be curious to see a side by side with the QDP. I think with the 10 inch elliptical coil the QDP would have the advantage. Both would be easy to use.

The LRP does have no motion AM and not only does it ID the target in the segment and the numerical, it uses VCO for sound. The running depth meter works as well. One nice feature also on the LRP, is that if you are in any of the disc modes, if you hold down the "mode" button, it will go into AM mode for as long as you hold it down. Release and your back to the previous disc mode you were in.

The QDP works better for me than my F2. It detects deeper, the screen is big and easy to read and it has volume control. The F2 uses 2 9v batteries, the QDP 1. The F2 is 5.9 khz the QDP 7.8 khz like the Teknetics and Fisher F5. They're both good, I just think the QDP has the edge on features and depth.

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just so everyone knows I own a Delta 4000 and some other mid range popular detectors such as a G2, CZ20... The delta is perhaps the best money I have ever spent on a detector, payed $170. The delta goes every bit as deep as the G2 at 11to 12 sensitivity here in my mild soil that ground balances at 57. In my test garden I can pickup a nickel at 11 inches
, a penny at 9 to 10 inches with repeatable although jumpy I'd in discrimination mode with the 8 inch coil (11 to 12 sens). The Greek series are fantastic machines with very good depth. I'm sure the new BH line with the Teknetics process and carried over electronics perform close or as we'll.

Good price on your Delta.

I paid 175.00 for mine (used of course); and so far it's most definitely the best money I've spent on a detector since taking up this hobby. I LOVE that machine and it never fails to amaze me. The way it sniffs out those tiny targets is almost astounding at at times.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good price on your Delta.

I paid 175.00 for mine (used of course); and so far it's most definitely the best money I've spent on a detector since taking up this hobby. I LOVE that machine and it never fails to amaze me. The way it sniffs out those tiny targets is almost astounding at at times.

I've had the opportunity to do a side by side comparison in air and my test garden with the Delta 4000. I used my G2, Gamma 6000, and the CZ-20. The Delta is just as deep on Sensitivity at 11-12 (Disc 40) 8" coil as the Gamma 6000 (94-96% sens) 8" coil and G2 (100% sens, Disc 39). Again this is in my mild soil here in South FL, the ground balancing feature here is not needed. However the machine that Id's the best is the G2, and the CZ-20 goes about 2 inches deeper ( Boost 9, Disc-0, sens-9, GB-8) than the Greek series in normal non salty soil.I hear people complain about the early version of the delta being noisy, the new version with the thick insulated coil cable, with screw-on adapter are much quieter more stable and just as deep as the rest of the Greek series. The Teknetics Delta 4000 is also a very fast machine in the recovery department able to sort through trash very quickly, only second to my G2 and the same as the Gamma. Only draw back with the Delta is the lack of ground balancing if your soil is highly mineralized or high in sodium. If people only knew how technologically difficult it is to make a deep seeking detector with very fast response and recovery times such as the Delta especially at the price point they sell at. The Delta 4000 is a keeper never getting rid of mine !:thumbsup: The latest designs from Bounty Hunter are based on the Teknetics technology and processes, they should perform just as well !

Last edited:
OP
OP
revpo

revpo

Dec 3, 2004
SOUTHERN INDIANA
I did get a PIONEER 505 and am satisfied with it for now...How or what is the depth in water can you use it? in the manual it says you can use it in water but stay away from the connections in the controller. So a foot deep, can it handle that?

REVPO

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i owned a 505 at one time and found it to be very bump sensitive i could not use it in any farm fields
a friend owns the ace 250 and has no problems with it it gets very good depth also better then the 505 did
now havine siad that it could of been the machine but i dont think so

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I did get a PIONEER 505 and am satisfied with it for now...How or what is the depth in water can you use it? in the manual it says you can use it in water but stay away from the connections in the controller. So a foot deep, can it handle that?

REVPO

The coil is sealed and so is the connection to it, so i am sure that part can go under water. But don't get your hopes up, its probably not going to work well for salt water, probably just good for some fresh shallow water.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm with Signal. Most all FTP coils are sealed. But the 505 is not designed for submerged water hunting. Without manual ground balance, Ground Trac is probably limited on the lower end. Meaning salt water is going to decrease it's depth significantly. A foot of water in a fresh water creek might be OK. But if water gets into the housing, you'll be selling it on EBay as a non working unit. FTP guarantee does not cover damage from misuse. Great care goes a long ways.

The 505 is BH best of the older style muffler on a stick type, IMO.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread