Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100

mrmrsbenoit

Jan 9, 2013
NE Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hay I just bought a 1100 and did not see any thread for. I would like to start one for other users of the 1100 and other detectors so i can learn more and be better. I have already started to find items in my own back yard and in just a courner of it. But i still can't get the depth to show how deep it just shows the sensitivity lvl and does not flash the depth. Any one now why.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
mrmrsbenoit

mrmrsbenoit

Jan 9, 2013
NE Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok got it working on the depth learned to wave over a couple time then it will show most of the time... first dnatay using and found a 1983 quater 3" deep and a 1999, 1993 and 1971 pennys. All were between 2" and 4" deep. I did changed my settings to 2 to 4" and discriminated iron. before changing I did find the three penny but I was getting alot off nails and scrap. But after discriminaing iron i still found aluminum cans. But I am real pleased with this detector for a beginer. I also found a strang 4 to 5" in diameter ring with some kind of "S" shaped hook on it about 5 to 6" deep. have not taken pictures yet so i can post it.

OP
OP
mrmrsbenoit

mrmrsbenoit

Jan 9, 2013
NE Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Will the 10" magnum coil fit on the discovery 1100???????

OP
OP
mrmrsbenoit

mrmrsbenoit

Jan 9, 2013
NE Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Will the 10" magnum coil fit the 1100 ???

Dirtydigger76

Aug 15, 2012
ca
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 350/Bounty hunter elite 2200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It will fit...I have a bounty hunter 2200 and I thought about getting the magnum,but I found a used Garrett ace 350($150.00)on craigslist. Now let me say I am a bounty hunter fan,but the Garrett is a far superior machine. I have found silver and gold on ground I hit multiple times with the b.h. Regardless of any brand talk I suggest keeping an eye on Craigslist and eBay and u might get a nicer detector with a larger coil for just a little more than the magnum will cost .

OP
OP
mrmrsbenoit

mrmrsbenoit

Jan 9, 2013
NE Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks... I am looking around but I am going to let my wife and kids use the 1100 when we go out hunting since it is so simple to use and wanted more depth for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread