Bounty Hunter Gold Digger: Feature Review and Air Tests

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very good video, Hunter.

(I talked to your wife. She said CLEAN THE GARAGE.)

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha...thanks my friend. Showed my wife and she said...."I like that guy" lol

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Job!! Enjoyed the video.
the bounty hunter line does have fantastic discrimination.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Job!! Enjoyed the video.
the bounty hunter line does have fantastic discrimination.

Thanks man. For $60 it does amazing things. The speed and fact it passes that nail board test blows my mind for $60....if only it had another 2 inches or so in depth.

Perhaps time to see if their is a pot inside I can toy with hehe.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks man. For $60 it does amazing things. The speed and fact it passes that nail board test blows my mind for $60....if only it had another 2 inches or so in depth.

Perhaps time to see if their is a pot inside I can toy with hehe.

Put a huge DD coil on it and see what happens. You may be surprised.

Seriously, I started out with a 30 dollar used Tracker IV and although it too was no depth monster either, I found gold rings, silver rings, silver coins and a few IH's with it. Yeah, it also found a ton of trash but that's part of this hobby; especially if you like finding gold.

The fact is that it opened the door to metal detecting for me and I'm very happy it came my way when it did. I also learned so much about this hobby with my BH machines.
For the money you can't go wrong; especially for a kid.

I posted a few weeks back about a hunt where I took a tiny 7 year old girl along for her first hunt. I had planted a few targets which she found with my old tracker IV but surprisingly (to me), she also found an 1895 V Nickel with that 30.00 detector that I had missed several times. The joy in her eyes and in her heart were priceless and it was truly one of the most unforgettable hunts of my life.

So I say pay no mind to those who put down the cheapo BH detectors. They're capable machines that WILL locate treasure and imo, PERFECT starter machines for anyone; especially kids.

I saw that little 7 year old about three hours ago and she asked me when we're goin' hunting again. The seed has been planted thanks to the Bounty Hunter brand.

Last edited:

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
I picked up two of these at Target for $39.99 each (woo woo!) a few weeks ago and gave them to a niece and nephew who have gone out MD'ing with me before. I use a Garrett GTI 2500 and, to be frank, I'm jealous of their BH... Now, if it would stop FREAKING SNOWING, we might be able to get out there and play with them.

Great video man, thanks for taking the time.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put a huge DD coil on it and see what happens. You may be surprised.

Unfortunately it is a hardwired coil.

I picked up two of these at Target for $39.99 each (woo woo!) a few weeks ago and gave them to a niece and nephew who have gone out MD'ing with me before. I use a Garrett GTI 2500 and, to be frank, I'm jealous of their BH... Now, if it would stop FREAKING SNOWING, we might be able to get out there and play with them.

Great video man, thanks for taking the time.

My pleasure. Thanks for the kind words. It has been rather nice here in Colorado as of late. However that trend appears to be over as weather forecast is pretty grim for the next 7+ days.

apetastic

Tenderfoot
Jan 21, 2016
NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Gold Digger (I'm a newbie!)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the one I have! I'm very new to this--just got my detector for Christmas! Someone commented to me on another thread to check out this video--it was very informative! Thanks for posting it! I see you are a coin shooter...I'm kind of in it for whatever, but I think it'd be awesome to find some Civil War relics and whatnot. Would the discrimination you set it to (around 11-11:30 on the trash eliminator) keep you from finding things like that?

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the one I have! I'm very new to this--just got my detector for Christmas! Someone commented to me on another thread to check out this video--it was very informative! Thanks for posting it! I see you are a coin shooter...I'm kind of in it for whatever, but I think it'd be awesome to find some Civil War relics and whatnot. Would the discrimination you set it to (around 11-11:30 on the trash eliminator) keep you from finding things like that?

If you're looking for relics, use little or no discrimination since most contain iron or iron alloy. Disc will make you miss them. (cannon balls, bullets, some buckles, horse gear, etc.) Steel/guns can be missed with disc on as well. Disc is used more for filtering out non gold and non silver items respectively on the conductivity scale. Disc eliminates everything "below" where it is set.

Use your knob by breaking it down this way. 1 is completely clockwise, 13 is completely counter clockwise. Set according to this chart, and where ever you set your disc, everything towards 13 will be eliminated from detection. (e.g. at 9 o'clock you eliminate 11,12, 13. At 3 o'clock, you eliminate all but 1.2.3. Gold Copper Silver). It's not exact, but close enough to play around with.

conductive_order.jpg

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks...glad ya liked it. :occasion14: I'm definitely a coin shooter first since I gold prospect during the spring/summer months. I just don't care to dig the entire gold range at parks or lakes due to all the trash that come with it - but more power to the guys that do. If I miss some 24K ring full of diamonds...so be it. Many time I will notch in the nickel range and only dig it when I am pretty confident it is not a tab. So maybe a ring someday. But in most cases...a single tab is one to many.

At an old relic site with little modern trash (which I have been enjoying more lately) I would back the disc off some to just cover iron so brass and bronze items will still hit nicely.

IMO...11 o'clock should do you nicely at a relic site...and crank it up if you want a coin sweep minus nickels. At 11...iron and small foil should break up...bronze/brass and up will hit nice.

Also....I misspoke in the video....most detectors do disc out nickel before pull-tabs. I think my brain was thinking small foil perhaps...not sure...my apologies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread