tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok here is my dillema, I am really wanting to go detecting tomorrow, there is a Dicks Sporting goods and they have those 2 detectors for 85.00/70.00
Are they ok? Or should I wait a few weeks and get a garrett ace 250 for 212.00, or wait another few weeks and get the following for 320.00
"MPX Pro Digital Metal Detector 2 Coil Digital Metal Detector
with 10" and 8" Digital Super Deep/Sensitive Coils
Automax Precision V4 Pinpointing Metal Detector Probe
All-In-One Carry Bag
3-Pocket Coin PouchCoin
7 Inch "cold-rolled" steel probe
"Treasure Hunter" Digger
Finding Treasure "State by State" Guide."

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 pro & Whites Classic SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait and get the ace for 212.00 But first read up on the ace it goes 8" Deep but No Vol. Control however a great detector

I know my garretts Preadtor three is going on ebay as well I like it how ever i need the depth for where i live Its a great detector I found much silver n pennies and other things

good luck on ya huntings ;)

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
wait an see how the kids detector works out you just purchased an maybe you would want the same with all the free items that come with it, Kelly is giving away alot of nice things,the pinpointer is worth a hundred dollars easy,for the great job it does,i know you have the metal detecting bug an want to buy now,i made the mistake of buying a detector that i was not happy with an i just turned around an sold it an bought a minelab SE,it's your money but i would wait an be happy, Ronald

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give these guys a call.
Garrett Dealers.

Dick Oswald's Sport Shop
2501 Perkiomen Ave
Reading, PA - 19606
Tel: 610-779-0986

Oxen Reider's
400-C S 4th St
Hamburg, PA - 19526
Tel: 610-562-8310

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
I would stay FAR away from that MPX Pro. I have never heard of it. Sounds like a cheap chinese import machine that you will be very sorry for blowing your cash on. Who makes it ?

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I have a bounty hunter pioneer 505 that works well for what I use it for. But I would say go with the more expensive Garrett, as they are a name brand with a good reputaton, and if you decide you dont want to do it any more you will be able to sell the garrett pretty easily on ebay or here in the clasified section. Good luck J.W.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread