Bounty hunter land star

Haven't seen one of your posts before. Welcome to the forum and to the hobby.

Most of all I was army aviation 13 years. If your profile is saying you are / or were a soldier I salute you fellow veteran.

Good luck with Metal Detecting
Stay safe,

Postalrevnant

I have found that with bounty hunter detectors you need to run with the sensitivity pretty low or you get a few false signals. I also had the problem of it beeping when passed over the target and sometimes not. I ordered a new coil from kellyco and it now works like a charm. I apparently ruined my coil wire one day out in the woods. If you have a ton of questions feel free to pm me. I have a different model but my hunting buddy has a land star so I know a bit about it, plus I can always ask him too.

Does it give that one beep on all targets or just an occasional buried unknown target? If it's the latter, it's a sign it's a junk target. Try it on a dime laying on the surface and see if it does it. If it don't beep every time there is probably a problem that needs fixed. I wouldn't just dump the machine, it's a pretty good one and a new one will be a lot more expensive. Your call. Monty

Sorry i have not replied I have been out of town. Thanks for the advice I believe I have it figured out hope to have somme finds soon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back