bounty hunter lonestar

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Bounty Hunters are on the lower end of the scale for finding things made of gold. Oh, it will find gold rings if you don't disc out pull tabs or foil but nuggets, not unless they are quite large. They are mainly coin detectors and shallow ones at that unless the coins are silver which is highly conductive.

Parisdakarbmw

Sep 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pannergonedetecting said:
will it pick up gold nuggets? jewelry? how small do yall think?

Keep in mind that a pure gold nugget is void of other base metals.

14k is .585 pure, and has 41.15 % nickel or copper added for hardness

10k is .415 pure with 58.85 % nickel or copper

The other metals are what set off the lower end detectors. If it's an earring back made of 14k, you might not get too much of a signal, but you could test something that small to see how it reacts. Then test a wedding ring. You will then have an idea of how your detector will act

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so what mode do yall lonestar hunters use? any luck with the auto notch?

You would get more answers from the Bounty Hunter section as most guys like the more expensive toys. Doesn't mean the $$$ toys are better either.

Call me a Plumber

Dec 17, 2007
Yo Pannergonedetecting I have a Lonestar and if you disc out anything you will not detect gold I tried it with mine and it would not pick up my 14K wedding ring which is about 9 grams in weight. If you want gold you gotta dig it all with that machine, but it will give you decent depth beer and soda cans about a foot or more down. Watch your sensitivity settings dont overdue it. I set mine at about the 1 or 2 oclock positions out here in Utah. The Plumber.

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sandman said:
so what mode do yall lonestar hunters use? any luck with the auto notch?

You would get more answers from the Bounty Hunter section as most guys like the more expensive toys. Doesn't mean the $$$ toys are better either.

Ouch.

If you want to find gold you have to dig most everything above iron, and you don't need an expensive machine to do that. 90% of the time it's the operator that makes the difference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread