Bounty Hunter Pin Pointer information?

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you took the 0 off the 40...it would be worth it. Save some $ and buy a decent one if you can.

They are better than not having one at all however...and you can mod them to make them better.

OP
OP
LRP1980

LRP1980

Jun 11, 2016
New Brighton, PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, I kind of thought that. It was odd they were selling them on clearance. [emoji23] I'm pretty good with the detector pin pointing, but I know a hand held unit would speed up the recovery times. I'll save up for something better. :)

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's honestly not the worst you could do, and it does speed target recovery time, but it sure as hell isn't worth 40 bucks. I used one for several months until it bit the dust. I replaced it with a Garret Carrot, and wow, you sure get what you pay for. Save up and get a high quality pinpointer.

N5XTR

Mar 5, 2016
SW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
MX Sport
Land Ranger Pro
ProPointerAT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is better than no pinpointer, I have one and tuned it up a bit. My son uses it after I got the carrot.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best bang for buck is the Deteknix XPointer. $89 new and I've seen used ones as low as $40. Just my opinion. I'd rather dig dirt and wave it in front of the detector coil than use a BH pinpointer again.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought one back in 2014, it only has a range of about 1/2 to 3/4 inch. It makes a great paperweight. You need to spend at least $89 to get a decent one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread