Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 REVIEW NEEDED

The Standard

Nov 9, 2005
White Plains New York
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Hey all, my GF just got me a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 from Walmart for Valentine's Day. After thanking her profusely for her thoughtfullness I came straight here to see what everyone else thought, but lo and behold, no reviews.
I was planning on buying a Garrett Ace 250 which would be the exact same price and come with some extras through detection.com (headphones etc.) but she got me this.
I would like to know if anyone has used one, and if so how are the results. A comparison with the Ace 250 would be especially appreciated (that has been a favorite on the site for awhile I know).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BTW I went to metaldetectorreviews.com and everyone on there gave it 4 or 5 stars out of 5 and some said performed comprable to Whites and Garretts.
Thanks again.

ModernDayWarrior

Nov 29, 2005
Palestine Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check if there are any reviews for the BountyHunter Quickdraw II. I believe they are the same detector. I have the Quickdraw II and it is a good detector but I just got the Ace 250 and it really is a much better performer. Warrior

OP
OP
T

The Standard

Nov 9, 2005
White Plains New York
Detector(s) used
thanks MDW, i will check out reviews on the QD II. i am leaning toward returning the BH and getting the ACE250 right now though.

OP
OP
T

The Standard

Nov 9, 2005
White Plains New York
Detector(s) used
mdw, yeah thats the only site i found with useful info...well most of the snow has melted here so next weekend i will give it a try. i will be the first on TN to review it, i am gonna keep the 202. need to buy headphones though.

sandwalker

Greenie
Sep 11, 2006
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, X-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I have been using the Pioneer 202 since Jan.2006.
It took awhile to get the hang of it only because I had never touched a MD before. But I have had some really nice finds with it.
A gold lady's ring w/5 diamonds in a circle and a emerald in the center,
A diamond earring I found just this morning. (I was following a guy using a White's) ;D
Many small silver rings and bracelets... One large man's ring... One watch....
At least $3.00 in clad every outting.

I have noticed that on the beach here, "all-metal" No disc is best. Small gold rings show up as "pull-tabs". The other guys walk right over them swinging like crazy and half-way running up the beaches.
I have also gone into the water with it. I have to turn the disc. up to the half way mark but I still make good finds. I am sure I am missing alot, but it is a nice day anyway.

Conclusion: It is a great "sand" machine for the money.

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Bought this model last week and I have found many objects large and small as deep as 8 inches in a clay soil. Nothing of value yet but I've probably only dug 3 holes too.

Pcolaboy

lightspeed500

May 26, 2008
Thanks for the posts, I really needed the help since I also have the Pioneer 202 as-well. I baut it for relic hunting and was wandering how well any of you guy's have done with small Gold nuggets, Match Head size and larger?

Formula1BMW

May 29, 2008
Montgomery, AL
Detector(s) used
I can honestly say at first I was lost with it, but after learning how to use it I love it! I am finding more and more just in my yard alone. Coins, including 1897 Barber quarter, silver ring, lots of clad. I think once you listen to what it is saying, you will be pleasantly surprised. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread