Bounty Hunter Qucksilver

sideshowbob

Jun 21, 2013
I received the Bounty Hunter Qucksilver and pinpointer as my first Father's Day gift recently. I'm curious to hear what other owners have to say about it.
From what info I have pulled from reviews around the web, i found few tips associated with it. I understand its best to use real cheap batteries with headphones. I have been using energizer max batteries and I think it may explain some slight erratic behavior in it. It beeps all over the place sometimes after I power it up. I let it sit outside to acclimatize before use too to avoid temp changes in the coil.
Another tip is to run it full sensitivity and no discrimination. Good tip to start from, but in trashy or just loaded areas i'll discriminate the first couple of choices, swing the area and dig then go back discriminating less. Have to dig it all right?!? ;D.
And the the last tip was to upgrade as soon as possible. Good advice there. No arguments.

My main concern is what I'm not finding with the detector. I'm hunting city house lots from around the 1910's. I've found lots of wheaties, one a 1913d, but haven't found any silver. I'm curious if the silver has just sank lower than these other period pieces I'm finding and the detector just can't reach them.
Thanks for reading!

85royalx

Aug 28, 2013
I got a Pioneer EX as I have gathered its dang near the same as yours.. Sorry no help as tomorrow will be my first run with it

Confederate74

Aug 17, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only thing I dont like about my Bounty Hunters discrimination setting is it will knock out gold if it set too high. But silver should hit strong with it turned up.

OP
OP
sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Jun 21, 2013
Pulled out my first two silver coins on Sunday. Beautiful clear, high tones. HiHo Quicksilver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread