Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II- Ground Balance?

GTSkip

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2014
Kerrville, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. I have been hunting now for about 6 months off and on with my BH Quick Draw II. I have already learned that the more you use it, the better you get. Haven't found anything of much value yet but am enjoying myself.

A question: is there a way to ground-balance the QD II? I saw nothing in the instructions provided nor in any of the various videos available on youtube. It doesn't seem to me as though it requires ground balancing but I have to admit that for the most part the places I've hunted are all fairly dry and made up of clay and limestone mix... lots of rocks and arid since we've been in a prolonged drought in this part of Texas.

Your input will be much appreciated,
GTSkip

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am not mistaken I think it has automatic ground balance.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
The Quick Draw II features Bounty Hunters "Ground trac" this is a type of auto tune ground balance. This detector and a few other detectors in the Bounty hunter line up utilize this feature. I can speak from experience how well this works as I have used some of these units in area's of Utah's Great Salt Lake, and surrounding area.

digatab

May 6, 2014
I have been using the pioneer 202 (same as quick draw 2) for 10 years now.the auto ground balance works well here on wa.beaches.I set sens at 3:00 and grnd balance at 12:00 and dig all repeatable signals.last week got record coin count $19.84 & 2 silver rings.

ForumRunner_20140507_053242.png

ForumRunner_20140507_053329.png

digatab

May 6, 2014
I meant to say I set discrimination at 12:00 that weeds out most iron but will still find nickels & gold rings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread