Bounty Hunter ,quick silver

Sentrysam

Feb 4, 2015
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter ,quick Silver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have had this machine for a long time ,I'm a novice at detecting so please bear with me .Problem is my sound has stopped ,loaned it to my daughter ,came back and now ,no sounds ,detector seems to work so my question is ,is it worth repair or invest in a newer/better machine ?And can I find a schematic or blue print on how to fix it ?TIA ,,ss

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you mean no sound from the speaker or from headphones, or both? If it's just one or the other you should be able to carefully open it up and see if there is a loose wire from the speaker or headphone receptacle. That would be the easy fix. Past that it's more complicated than I can suggest.
luvsdux

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly if you have no sound coming from the speaker or headphones it isn't worth the trouble. You're speaking of a machine new is $120 and has little to no features at all, the depth is nominal. The last thing I want to do is bash another man's machine or make him upset about detecting in any way. I think you would be so much happier with a Garrett 250 or 350 or a fisher F2 or F4 that's if you are trying to keep your price down. My 12 yr old nephew uses a bounty hunter quick silver so I know what it can and can't do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread