Bounty Hunter Tracker IV first impresions

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went down to a park down the street from my pad.And fired up the tracker IV.It has decent range and aquieracy only found a bunch of pennies a one quarter and some dimes.Not used to the settings yet.Quality is ok .Slightly less quality than my radio Shack discovery 2000.Manual says not to use super heavy duty 9v batteries.Hope thats why they only lasted about 3 hours.My radio shack discovery 2000 with cheap super heavy duty batteries lasts like 2 days.what kind of battery life are you guys getting with tracker IV ? Over all an ok detector but dam alkaline batteries are expensive now adays oh well. :coffee2:

BOBBYC

Dec 5, 2008
KNOXVILLE,TN
Detector(s) used
BH LANDSTAR,,ACE 250,Whites Coinmaster Pro,whites MXT,Tesoro cutlass2
I have a BH land star my batteries last over a week of detecting everyday
my son has a radio shack discovery they last about 3 or 4 days longer than mine

mrhinman

Dec 29, 2008
Detector(s) used
BH Quicksilver
Trackerman said:
Went down to a park down the street from my pad.And fired up the tracker IV.It has decent range and aquieracy only found a bunch of pennies a one quarter and some dimes.Not used to the settings yet.Quality is ok .Slightly less quality than my radio Shack discovery 2000.Manual says not to use super heavy duty 9v batteries.Hope thats why they only lasted about 3 hours.My radio shack discovery 2000 with cheap super heavy duty batteries lasts like 2 days.what kind of battery life are you guys getting with tracker IV ? Over all an ok detector but dam alkaline batteries are expensive now adays oh well. :coffee2:

You should never use standard batteries in an electronic device. Those are suitable for flashlights (incandescent) and such. Alkaline batteries are really not that expensive. Ray-o-vac are okay alkalines for the price. Check your Sunday paper for coupons on Duracell and Energizer and wait for them to go on sale at CVS or Walgreens. Buy them when their cheap and stock up. If you're like me, you burn through batteries like candy.

--
Matthew

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine goes about a week at a time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread