Bounty Hunters Flagship? LRP or the Platinum?

hopeful_digger

Greenie
Jun 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bounty Hunter's Flagship? LRP or the Platinum?

With the popularity of the Land Ranger Pro, I was curious what Bounty Hunter feels is currently their “flagship”, or best detector- the LRP or the Platinum? The LRP certainly has more features, and is a newer offering, however, the Platinum’s list price is significantly higher, which would seem to indicate that BH/First Texas still feels that it is their best unit. With the recent updates in the Teknetics Greek line, I wonder if the Platinum will be phased out rather than updated. I would love to hear Dave Johnson’s take on which unit is “better”, as he is the authority on the subject.

Anyone can compare features on paper and that's a starting point, but actual results on targets are what really matters. It would be interesting to see a head-to-head comparison between those 2 detectors, PLUS the Teknetics Gamma. I’ve always wondered how the Platinum and Gamma would stack up in the field, as they are so similar, though with a few under-the-hood differences. If a comparison could be done at the same time, same targets, and using the same 3rd party coil, like the Cors Fortune/Nel Sharpshooter (using an adapter for the LRP and Platinum), I think it would be very interesting. Unfortunately, the Nom Par Defaut comparison website doesn’t include the Platinum or the Gamma. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvw628lvEz4-yBsozovNw0Q/videos

Anyone out there who has used them, and could give us their thoughts? I’d love to hear what you think about the performance and how they compare. All are very good, underrated detectors

Hunter GT, are you listening? This is right down your alley! lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread