bounty hunters???

B

BIG BAD JOHN

Will - The SharpShooter II has no-motion all-metal mode while the QuickDraw II does not. In short, this mode will detect metals sitting underneath the coil when the coil is motionless. It's a great tool for pinpointing your targets and outlining relics, etc. Usually, this mode is the deepest seeking mode on any brand/model of detector. The QuickDraw II has a motion all-metal mode, which is essentially like using the discrimination mode with the discrimination knob set to zero. It still identifies and categorizes all metal detected, but loses some depth in the process. Also, the X-ing method of pinpointing must be used on the QuickDraw II.

The Pioneer models sold by Walmart are twins to the QuickDraw II and SharpShooter II. The Pioneer 202 is the twin to the QuickDraw II ($198 plus tax), while the Pioneer 505 is the twin to the SharpShooter II, but the 505 includes a depth readout, digging kit, instructional video, and the 4" Gold Nugget coil (great for those trashy sites), all for $278 plus tax. Using the layaway plan at WalMart may help you get a bit more detector since you're on a tight budget. Hope this helps. BBJ

tomogden

Nov 4, 2004
Thanks BBJ, that was exactly the information I was looking for.

Talked to a lady at Wal-Mart just this morning and she couldn't or wouldn't tell me which models the Pioneers cross-referenced to. I have been thinking about a Sharp Shooter II, and Wal-Mart has the 505 for sale at $278.00 as of this morning.

Thanks

Tom

B

BIG BAD JOHN

Tom: Glad to be of help. I think that the 505 will be a lower cost option most of the time considering you get the digging kit (about $15) and the 4" coil (about $25 to $35) that you would have to purchase separately with the SSII. Some don't care if a unit has a depth readout or not, but I prefer one. None of them are dead-on accurate, but they at least let you know about how far to dig. The 505 is a machine that a lot of people on the Bounty Hunter forum use with great success. You may want to drop in over there an post any questions you have...at least introduce yourself. We now have a 'sticky' for posting general MD tips and a lot of those fellows have advice specific to the 505 that you will find invaluable. The web address for the BH homepage is www.detecting.com. Just click on the 'Bulletin Board' link and setup your sign-in account. Congrats on the 505...it's a good machine at a great price. BBJ

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
The 4" coil is great for trashy parks too. Especially in hard pounded parks. A lot of people keep the stock coil on and just pass over these trashy spots. Witht he smaller coil, you can pick out the silver that the larger coils have a tough time picking through.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
hey I jsut bought a use pioneer 505 and am wondering if adn where I can get a copy of the instructions for it. So far I have found a lot of aluminium and iron, and some copper. but I dont know how the notch autonotch works. I have however found aluminmu pull tabs at 6 inches depth in a spot where I had previously search with my older detector(its a sears metal detector made by whites but it doesnt work all the time now) also I dont know how to get the read out to work right I tested it with some change and it worked but it did read the pull tab as a nickle. any help on where i can get a copie of the instructions would be apreciated.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
thx that was fast.? I am hoping to find something good with it.? the only thing I ever found with my other one was a old german made costum ring and a few silver quarters.? Now however I am going to look at my uncles ranch.? Back before i got my other detector my grandfarther had some land that was about 468 acres if I remember correctly.? I never did any detecting out there but one of my great uncle did he said he had found some old indian head pennies that would wash out of the old stone house that we used as a barn.? it was built about in the 1820's I think.? unforutuanlay the ranch was sold in 2000.? the one thing that has alway plauged me was that there used to be a house in the back pasture but it was tourn down when the new county road was put threw. any was it had an old storm celler that I had never thought about checking.? the whole time that I live up here I never ever wven went into it.? My uncles ranch is just across the road from it and the new owners had invited us to come out and look at all that they had done to it.? basicly the buldozed every ting but the barn that they restored and the house near the road and all the oak, pecan and two big mesquite trees. they also built a dam across the creek.? it doesnt look anything like it did.

the only other place that I think would be better is on the nieghbors place there was a live spring there and back in the day there was a stage coach stop by it.? My grandfarther used to tell us about it but i have never been over there.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cedarratt said:
thx that was fast.? I am hoping to find something good with it.? the only thing I ever found with my other one was a old german made costum ring and a few silver quarters.? Now however I am going to look at my uncles ranch.? Back before i got my other detector my grandfarther had some land that was about 468 acres if I remember correctly.? I never did any detecting out there but one of my great uncle did he said he had found some old indian head pennies that would wash out of the old stone house that we used as a barn.? it was built about in the 1820's I think.? unforutuanlay the ranch was sold in 2000.? the one thing that has alway plauged me was that there used to be a house in the back pasture but it was tourn down when the new county road was put threw. any was it had an old storm celler that I had never thought about checking.? the whole time that I live up here I never ever wven went into it.? My uncles ranch is just across the road from it and the new owners had invited us to come out and look at all that they had done to it.? basicly the buldozed every ting but the barn that they restored and the house near the road and all the oak, pecan and two big mesquite trees. they also built a dam across the creek.? it doesnt look anything like it did.

the only other place that I think would be better is on the nieghbors place there was a live spring there and back in the day there was a stage coach stop by it.? My grandfarther used to tell us about it but i have never been over there.
Cedarratt,I would definitely try to find that old spring.Also try talking with anyone (family or otherwise) about the area/s that you are to be detecting.Usually,the older they are the more information they can provide you with about your immediate area,such as the stories your grandfather used to tell you.Good Luck and keep us posted!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions