Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Harbor Freight 9 function
Jetco Treasure Hawk (BFO)
BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re Info on BH QuickSilver

Does anyone have this kind of metal detector? and is it a good one that will find good stuff? or should I get a better one in a few years?

I saw some videos on youtube and the quicksilver seemed to be getting some nice finds. I too am interested in the quicksilver and pioneer ex which look to be the same. If anyone out there has one of these models would like to know about the response/recovery time on these machines and what the major differences are. They appear to be about the same.
Thanks,
Al

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
The BH Quick and PEX are basically the same thing. I think maybe one model has a phone jack and the other one doesn't. They usually run about $100 retail, and are excellent beginner machines. However performance-wise they don't run head-to-head with good $200 on up machines.

Another entry level machine you might consider in lieu of the Quick/PEX is the Tracker IV. Yeah, I know, it looks like something out of the stone age, but it works good. If you put a little time into learning the sounds, the computer between your ears will get smarter than the one that's in the Quick/PEX. A lot of guys who now own thousands of dollars' worth of metal detectors got started with the TK4 and it's still in their arsenal not because it's "deep" but because within its limitations it works so well when you become familiar with it.

--Dave J.

cheapomd

Apr 2, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Dave! I was reading about the Tracker iv today and was getting the same impression that they are quite capable for those who took the time to learn them.
Al

cheapomd

Apr 2, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another entry level machine you might consider in lieu of the Quick/PEX is the Tracker IV. --Dave J.

Ended up getting the tracker iv from hobby lobby with 40% off coupon for $65! I am very happy with it so far.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My neighbor got a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV,he has only been out two times with me he had never MDed before and he found an IH penny and a 1935 buffalo, a Merc Dime, a silver half.1885 Silver Dollar... and 8 other coins,he hit two cashes in 1 hole and all the targets were deep,so its a good detector easy to use im very impressed. The two hunts we went on 1/2 hr. apiece.
Just take it some where it can find some good stuff,if it there it will find it.
Gary G.A.P.metal

Last edited:

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd opt for the Discovery 3000 or the Land Star. I prefer the display info on the Land Star. The QuickSilver is a pretty nice machine... it is the same as the Discovery 2000 which you might find used dirt cheap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions