Bout time!

blackbird939

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
I had always wanted to find something buried during the civil war: a verifiable relic which could be pinpointed to a single conflict in time. I went out on many hunts and just found endless heaps of modern trash. I have begged people here to help and a few have stepped forward. This time around it was DC Matt and his friend, StogieJim. They invited me to one of their spots where they had pulled a dozen or so bullets, a dozen buttons and a few other relics. StogieJim spent a ton of his personal time helping me setup my Tesoro Tejon. Three trips to the field later, my oldest son and I finally did it. Today, I got a solid ring which sounded a bit like a screwcap. 7" or so down was my first three ringer. We also found what might be a pistol shell from the CW only 2 feet away, a 1957 wheatie and a very old thimble 200 yards away. The people on this list made it happen for me today.

My hat's off to DigginMan, Tin Nugget, DCMatt and StogieJim. Thanks guys! I was honestly starting to wonder if my boy and I were ever going to find a single CW item. Try keeping a 9 year old interested when you just keep pulling crushed Budweisers, asst. foil and pull tabs hunt after hunt after hunt.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 301

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Woo whooo! You finally got one!

Feels good, doesn't it? The next one will be almost as exciting.

Congrats.

DCMatt

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Now you have the hook,line and sinker.You will want to go all of the time.CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

fortbball9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread