Box of Halves Question?

Akaky

Apr 9, 2009
Gotten several boxes of halves (guess they're Brinks - you know yellow wrapped, one row) and have been skunked everytime. Is it regional (in the South) or is it just plain bad luck? Do you guys have better luck with handrolled? Gotten several dimes from handrolls, but never from boxes you know - what gives? And when I ask for coins the tellers sometimes say "you won't find any silver."

Besides - no bank around here has coin machines so dumping is a major headache with everyone at the banks acting like - well you know an a**hole. Any advice?

Thanks guys - I enjoy reading about your major scores - a little jealous though.

j

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's like going fishing. If you caught your limit every time what would be the sport of it. You just have to keep trying. As for the boxes, I don't think they are Brinks. It might be different depending on area, but in mine the Brinks boxes are the 2 layer type.

HH
Gilbert

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Those are rolls that many here like to call "Fed rolls". Probably not from Brinks. Garda here delivers those types of boxes. I have had limited success with them. But the boxes that were good were great. Most were skunks though.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread