box of nickels

BurnedSpy

Aug 22, 2009
Upvote 0
You are lucky just to have found a buffalo on your first try not to mention an indian in only 2 weeks. How many pennies have you searched through?

I agree with Sir. My wife found an IH on the end of the very first roll that she grabbed out of a box that I bought her. My penny boxes have been weak with only 9-10 wheats/box, so I've done a bunch of boxes of nickels lately, and have only found 2 buffalo nickels (1 dateless, 1 4-legged 1937). Hope you get the V. I've been wanting to get one of those too.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

davew0710 said:
DrDetector said:
Good luck on the nickels. My average is about 1 V/Liberty Nickel out of 100,000.

You need a full time job. WOW that's a lot of hunting!

I've been searching nickels for 11 years and it isn't difficult to make a simple Excel sheet.

Got my V in the first box of nickels I ever searched. Found a buffalo the next week in $80 of customer rolls. I make sure to grab as much as I can from that bank every time I go by.

Havent found a buff yet but I am hit and miss with nickels. Found indian heads but only avg couple a yr and I go thru 4 to 5 boxes a week.

War nickels are up to 90 cents today based on melt value. How abundant are these out in circulation? Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

jb7487 said:
War nickels are up to 90 cents today based on melt value. How abundant are these out in circulation? Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

I usually get 2 and sometimes 3 per box.

jb7487 said:

Thanks!

I typically find one per box. If you get 2 to 3 you are doing very well.

Thanks for the info. I've gone through a lot of loose change and haven't found any yet so I was just curious.

My average is like 1 in 2000, or 1 a box. If you aren't doing boxes or bags or other large quantities you will have a tough time finding one.

The price jump inspired me to go get 2 boxes during lunch (since I couldnt find any halfs). Here is to hoping to 2 war nicks.

jb7487 said:

Thanks!

It seems like I get about 1 War Nickle per $200.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back