box of quarters

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
picked up a box of quarters today, and it wasnt half bad!
no silver, but still pretty good.
1. one proof washington (non-state) quarter (it was on the end of a roll!)
2. one steel canadian quarter
3. one "ten pence" non magnetic coin, from 1992, it has a lion on the back, and queen elizabeth on front/a little bigger than a us quarter, so does anyone know if this has any silver in it, cuz that 1 world coin gall. site doesnt tell the composition, thanks
4. one montana "P" mint state quarter with a silver edge, but doesnt sound silver, i remember seeing a post about this, but too lazy to find it, so does anyone have any info on this? thanks.
5. also snagged an uncirc. roll of franklin pierce dollar coins, and the bank had more, but was wondering if they will be/are more valuable if they are uncirc., still in roll, or are they worthless, and dump worthy??? (red white blue nf string wrapper, and says what president is on the coins, in small black print on wrapper)

thanks, CHAINCHOMP.

Upvote 0

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
The ten pence and the Montana quarter are not silver, and the Franklin Pierce dollars are not worth keeping.

OP
OP
CHAINCHOMP

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
thanks JJtheRollHunter,
that will definately free up a little space ($25.50) in my CRH'ing budget...i wonder what the deal is with the montana quarter (or the other silver rimmed state quarters), i wonder if someone is doing it to screw with CRHers, or if someone is dipping them in silver, jacking up the price, and selling them to unsuspecting suckers???

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear quarters are hard to find good scores. I will eventually try them, but more than likely wait until a bag fills. Boxes don't sound like they are worth getting. I guess you never know though, you could find a lot of silver in a quarter box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread