box question

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you a conspiracy theorist ?

WE have all experienced the old skunkeroo. Just keep plugging away, sooner or later you will get down far enough in the pallet of halves to see some silver.

Good luck with your quest. Jim

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
They recirculate what comes in so you need to find a bank that gets deliveries from one place and take them back to a bank that gets theres from someplace else. Or you could just keep getting the same stuff.

Good luck
Cat

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Around here it seems the Brinks boxes produce better than the flat fed boxes. But I recently recieved fed boxes with multiple keepers and Brinks skunks.

Mojo

ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500
coolpix9 said:
Are you a conspiracy theorist ?

WE have all experienced the old skunkeroo. Just keep plugging away, sooner or later you will get down far enough in the pallet of halves to see some silver.

Good luck with your quest. Jim

Conspiracy? Maybe! There is the Coin Roll Hunter's curse of the Kennedy Halves.

Anything that involves Kennedy should be questioned... :thumbsup:

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
there may be something to this and you may be on to something. i've heard rumors that brinks is culling silver from its coin to sell to monex who in turn sells the coin in bags to its customers. my question would be...is this true? seems highly possible. i mean...where is monex getting 90's and 40's to sell? and if you notice what monex is selling...it's halves and dimes. coincidence?

i read something a week or so ago that seemed to confirm this but i can't find the article this morning. if i find it i will post a link. anybody else read this?

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Yes!

I used to pick up 2 boxes a week at a small town bank that were delivered by a semi-local family owned armoured car & coin handling business. I thought it would be a good strategy.
It wasn't...
I would get boxes that had all Bi's and 71's, all 74's, etc. Never did see a hint of silver. They would deliver the halves in inside-out quarter boxes. I always dumped them well outside thier area.
I halted the order after 6 months.
Brinks, Loomis, Dunbar, Rochester and most all the other big players wouldn't waste their time culling silver.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
silver culling version 2.0

The only one that is culling silver is that pesky "LJ's Armored Cars" out of "Bayou Country"

Cheers, Jim

Ju8vP3t

fiddycent said:
there may be something to this and you may be on to something. i've heard rumors that brinks is culling silver from its coin to sell to monex who in turn sells the coin in bags to its customers. my question would be...is this true? seems highly possible. i mean...where is monex getting 90's and 40's to sell? and if you notice what monex is selling...it's halves and dimes. coincidence?

i read something a week or so ago that seemed to confirm this but i can't find the article this morning. if i find it i will post a link. anybody else read this?

I wish I knew definitively, most say car companies don't separate, don't know if it's true, but a coin dealer told me Brinks did, in fact he said several employees got fired over it, so I think in this instance it was some sort of free-lance activity by employees, because he said they were selling it to him, this dealer told me Brinks had machines that mechanically separated silver from non-silver, BUT this is all hear say, so I don't know how credible it'd be...I'd have to think the car companies wouldn't be in the business of trying to separate out silver, BUT if I owned a car company, you could be sure I'd be there late at night searching...LOL

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i heard the volume is so high that the turn around is at such a pace as to make it virtually impossible for employer or employee to grab more than a few coins before they disappear into the counter.....as for "getting deeper into the pallet" theory goes, i think the turn around is too great to even dent the bottom of a pallet.....think about it....some of you guys are doing over 12k a month....in the same area.....subtract the keepers at say (for the sake of argument) 1%.....then 99% is dumped....which goes back to the counter and on top of the pile....this is not beer....THEY DON"T ROTATE STOCK

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I have found most of my keepers from Brinks boxes. No they do not sift silver out of the boxes. This rumour pops up here every couple of months. Although the boxes have gotten worse here due to so many CRHers, you can still find silver now and then.

If Brinks was taking out the silver, all the boxes would be skunks.

The CWI boxes here have been mostly bad, but I have had a couple with good finds. Not anywhere as good as the Brinks.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread