Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Quick$ilver

Feb 9, 2011
East Coast
If we assume they are using 48" x 48" pallets, then anywhere from 80 to 134 boxes. Most weight for a 48 x 48 is usually 3,000 lbs or 3,500 lbs if heat treated.

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
I don't know that there is any standard number on a pallet. Even if you knew how many boxes are in a full pallet, you don't know how far down the pallet they currently are or at what rate new dumps are being piled on top. In other words, there isn't a magic number of skunks you have to go through to get to the dream boxes.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
There is also not one pallet of boxes, the company could just take from a new pallet.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it matters. If some one dumps silver you will get it?? I will try to find out. I talk to them all the time. That how i found out where they get there bags. By the way there the best bags you can get for $30 each. I got 6 !

OP
OP
jr98119

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all! You're right - I don't know how far down the pallet I am, but I think that my bank (old but small) can't have more than 1 pallett. Buff boy - 9000 boxes? Nah, can't be. If we ago with quicksilver's 3000 lbs, and each box of halves weighs about, what, 22 lbs, we'll get about 136 boxes. I'm going home to measure my boxes to see what depth that'll give me.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all! You're right - I don't know how far down the pallet I am, but I think that my bank (old but small) can't have more than 1 pallett. Buff boy - 9000 boxes? Nah, can't be. If we ago with quicksilver's 3000 lbs, and each box of halves weighs about, what, 22 lbs, we'll get about 136 boxes. I'm going home to measure my boxes to see what depth that'll give me.
Now that is another matter. Your bank doesn't have the pallet, the supplier does.
HH
enamel7

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
Heres a thought. Everybody stop hunting halves for..lets say.. a month, let the unwashed public dump their silver halves. Then on a designated day everybody run out and get half boxes. That way all the silver would be on TOP of the pallet.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that since we know that there are 80 boxes in a pallet (most likely) because of the Modern Marvels video, this can only be used as an expression. TimZim can search through 80 boxes a week, and still will not get dream boxes. A better expression may be " get to the back of the warehouse," which springs up a new mystery; how many pallets are in a warehouse?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread